Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today my buddy broke the spring which holds the pedal upward on the clutch...I can't figure out where it goes...can someone with a manual transaxle and a digital camera take a picture of the clutch pedal below for me? I know this is kind of weird but this is the only way I can think of asking for help...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
what yr is it...and how many miles...cause the clutch return spring is a common problem on a focus

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Originally posted by KicknZX3:
cause the clutch return spring is a common problem on a focus
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sure is!

Our '00 has had the Clutch Spring Pop out about 3 times!

Darn thing, oh well, atleast the only problem when it falls out is how the Clutch pedal feels.

drew
fok

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
its a recall, go have it replaced at the dealership for free.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see where the spring attaches at the top...is there any way you guys can describe where it goes on the bottom?

·
Registered
411 Posts
My spring broke when I am on the hwy
well, at least it still work
Go to the dealer and they will fix it

·
Registered
797 Posts
Mine broke at 5000 miles and the dealer wanted to keep my car rather than just take the 2 minutes to put the spring on, so I used a zip tie on the end that was broken. The zip tie has been on for 20,000 miles now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol...that's awesome...i'm going to make them put it on right in front of me...if they don't i'm going to throw a 4 year old fit and tell them that i'm not leaving...as you said...it takes 2 minutes to put on...the people at the dealership i go to aren't exactly "swift" but they can manage this seeing how it seems like a common problem.

thanks for the help...

btw..I hate not having my car for 1 day...its killing me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts