Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i blew me clutch... and i need to find a new one... i want something serious... but really havent seen anything thats too appealing... can anyone help??? like let me know where to find something for my needs.... thanks for any and all replys

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the centerforce on mine, maybe not as aggressive as you want, but works really well with a lightened flywheel i am told. Got mine for really cheap, looked at ACT and Clutch masters, just too much for a daily driver, the where up in the $700 range.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm new to the focus game, but in my truck I has a Centerforce dual friction and it was only about 300.00. Grabbed way harder than stock.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
How many miles do you have on your car? How hard do you drive it? I'm not ragging you just curious how people are burning clutches up on a 2 or 3 year old car.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch!!
Burned my first one in 27k From riding the clutch!I do reccomend as I agree it is not very aggressive but it will last longer than the Stock CLutch..I don't recommend FORD Installing cause my Charges were over a 1000

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Originally posted by doogie78:
How many miles do you have on your car? How hard do you drive it? I'm not ragging you just curious how people are burning clutches up on a 2 or 3 year old car.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well when i glazed my clutch and it took 2 weeks to get rid of the smell, it all started with "hey guys, check this out" then me thinkin with my new udp i could shift into 2nd while smoking them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got like 59,000 on it... they are pretty hard miles, so it had too hapen sooner or later.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have 44k on the sachs OEM clutch that came with the car. I replaced it with the Centerforce Dual. and the FC alum. Light flywheel. and the t2-torsen Diff. Since the MTX tranny was put together so loosely, the stock diff stripped out. I wonder now how it would feel driving since I'm replacing the flywheel with an 8.5lb and an underdrive pulley..

I'd be expecting new tires here soon, I think.

·
Registered
379 Posts
oh and BTW.. The SACHS stock clutch sucks.. Exploded in pieces where I can't find the missing parts. All that was left was the clutch disk. which, has plenty of material left. but the part that holds the springs in. half of that is probably in the neighbors tree??? maybee LOL

·
Registered
292 Posts
Originally posted by ZEKETRX:
looked at ACT and Clutch masters, just too much for a daily driver, the where up in the $700 range.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">geez, i paid $285 for my clutchmasters stage 3

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
I just got a Centerforce today from Central Florida Motorsports

Give Hector a call...hes got the best prices

I second that

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
been there done that... got the centerforce dual friction from mcnews.... i thought these things were sposed to be centrifugal... wheres the weights at... i think i got ripped.... but anyways i put in that with the fidanza flywheel.. FC race header, superchipped 'er, and got my stock TB right... now the bitch is kinda startin ta rip... too bad i just drove into a parking stop last night and all but ripped my oil pan OFF... oh well $32 for the pan and gasket... ill take it..... see ya in the streets

B

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Originally posted by ukcuhp:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by ZEKETRX:
looked at ACT and Clutch masters, just too much for a daily driver, the where up in the $700 range.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">geez, i paid $285 for my clutchmasters stage 3</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Where might I ask? Good deal at that price for the CM stage3.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts