Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it a big job to swap a clutch master cylinder on the focus? I have a friend/vw mechanic with all the tools. Just wondering if this was something we could do ourselves, times are rough and I cant really shell out anymore dough to Ford. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have not done this yet but it can't possibly be a difficult job. Your biggest problem will be getting to the damn thing to remove and then re-install it. Technically easy to do. Just be sure you have clean unopened brake fluid, a hose and bottle for bleeding, and a helper to do the bleeding. You will spill some brake fluid when you disconnect the clutch master cylinder so be prepared and don't let any of it get on the paint.
Have you tried just bleeding it? sometimes that will make it work right again/
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
To remove the clutch master...

Release the clips holding the underhood fuse box and lift it out of the way. disconnect the lines from the clutch master, then unbolt the one screw in the center. Go under the dash, disconnect the pedal from the clutch master rod, then unbolt master cylinder from pedal bracket.

installation is reverse of removal.:)

Oh yeah, bleed as neccesary.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you guys are the best

I have to change this part because the plastic/composite rod that comes out of the cylinder snapped, and its not under warranty. The dealer wanted to change the entire pedal assembly, $150 for the part and $600 for labor
Now Im looking at $60 for the part and Ill throw my friend some $$ for his help. Thanks again guys. I really appreciate it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts