Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really in for a new clutch and Pressure plate right now and I just wantd to know any of your input on what clutch/PP kit seems to perform best on the street. I need a kit that will be able to perform with a substantial amount of added power (going turbo soon) but nothing TOO Extreme..no race car or anything.

Anyway, I was looking into ACT being that I trust the name...any other good companies to look into?

And also, wwould any of ya'll know by any chance where to get the ACT for the best price?

Thanks for any/all info!

E

·
Registered
409 Posts
Clutch Master's Stage IV. Excellent holding ability in a very streetable package. It will catch you sleeping though so pay attention. Mild chatter but all in all a great compromise and it handles serious abuse. I have a dead differetial to prove it.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I just went with the Sachs OE replacement kit for $230. Supposedly the stock clutch is good up to 200fwhp, so thats good enough for me.

Sachs also makes a higher performance clutch kit. It is quite expensive, but I hear they are one of the best. www.batinc.net

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for info so far!

Yea i was looking into the Sachs myself...

Although now Mr. Pressurized has the Clutchmasters in my head...How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? I'm going to look up some info on that rightnow.

Thanks again! any more info is welcome !

·
Registered
409 Posts
I spent a little less than $400 on it. I really wanted something that would hold up better than the stock clutch. I ran my stock one with over 200whp for a few months and It was holding up fairly well but it wouldn't have lasted much longer. Like I said, I abused the clutch pretty badly.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Mr.Pressurized:
I spent a little less than $400 on it. I really wanted something that would hold up better than the stock clutch. I ran my stock one with over 200whp for a few months and It was holding up fairly well but it wouldn't have lasted much longer. Like I said, I abused the clutch pretty badly.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sounds good! Thanks alot for the info! Much appreciated it. And I too am looking for something that will hold up better than the stock clutch.

Mr. Pressurized, what the clutch/PP came as one set correct? I've been seeing companies selling them separate...just want to make sure that the 400 is for both.

Thanks again!

E

·
Registered
409 Posts
Originally posted by Focused:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Mr.Pressurized:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sounds good! Thanks alot for the info! Much appreciated it. And I too am looking for something that will hold up better than the stock clutch.

Mr. Pressurized, what the clutch/PP came as one set correct? I've been seeing companies selling them separate...just want to make sure that the 400 is for both.

Thanks again!

E
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">$400 was for both the clutch and the pressure plate including the alignment tool.

Yet Another ZX3 - I only noticed a little chatter with the car out of gear and the clutch out. It can be annoying sometimes but it doesn't happen all of the time.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Empirical evidence has shown that the stock clutch will not be able to handle the midrange torque generated by anything more then an ACII setup.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the good info Mr. Presssurized! Appreciate it!

Mr. Pressurized, did you change your throw out bearing when installing?

ALso, I spoke to NoLimitMotorsports and they're selling a street disc, 4 puck, and 6 puck disc...my question is..what's the difference?

The street disc was most expensive, then 6 puck, then 4 puck...aside from those, they sell the ACT heavy duty Pressure plate.

THanks for any info.

E

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump...

Just wondering what the difference is between street disc, 4 puck disc, and the 6 puck disc?

The 4 puck was listed as least expensive, then 6 puck, then street disc [considerably more expensive than both] but I was told that the 4 and 6 puck grab more [somewhat harsh].

If it holds more, how come it's less expensive? I don't understand this.

Thanks for any info.

E

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LoL please somebody help!

What's the difference between the ACT street disc, 4 puck and 6 puck? How come the street disc is most expensive out of the three yet the 4 and 6 puck, as i was told, supposedly holds more...?

Thanks!

E

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have the clutchmasters Stage IV as well
EXCELLENT MAGNIFICENT A WORK OF ART

seriously it's an amazing clutch I've driven a lot of different cars and different clutches and this one impresses me the most, better than Porsche twin disks even...

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet. I may just go with clutchmasters...

Thanks for the info!

Although i'm still curious..what's the diff between the 4 puck 6 puck and street disc? How come the street disc is the most expensive?

Thanks again.

E

1 - 16 of 16 Posts