Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta problem and i think its my clutch but i dont know for sure. But sometimes(its doing it alot more often now) say im floored in 3rd,when i switch to 4th the revs jus go up a couple k and then drop back down and then the car pulls and goes. it also happends the same way from 4th to 5th but alot worse. Sometimes itll go up and down a couple times before the car decides to pull. So if anyone can help me and knows whats wrong,id love the help. Thanx!

·
Registered
51 Posts
that is deffinitly your clutch and you will start to notice it a lot more the worse it gets.. eventually u will notice it in all the gears then it will just stop grabbing.. you should go ahead and invest to get it replaced... but to be sure i would get another opinion from here

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pedal feels the same to me.Not much of a difference but it mighta jus been a gradual change to where i didnt even notice.

·
Registered
236 Posts
it also could be your tps sensor.
cause my idle would go up when i would stop then come back down slow and i got checked at ford and it was that.

·
Registered
763 Posts
well if you can putts around town and you only have problems when your rippen it its definetly your clutch and you should start looking for one, dont try your dealer cause they tried to charge $875$ for me, I just got a centerforce duel-friction

·
Registered
11 Posts
haha you to huh
mines not bad barely notice able but it will get worse im sure. i have another prollem my clutch doesnt ingage fast enoough when im racing and it grinds a bit into each gear
also it doesnt all the way kick in when im in nuetra IE you can hear it ggrinding into sumthing. hit me up with sum help. once again ford gave me the runaound

1 - 8 of 8 Posts