Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
im sure this has been posted already but here it is again what kind of clutch would be good on my turbo focus around 230 whp, need one stock clutch starting to slip ????

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
clutch net has worked the best so far, 2 centerforces, 1 spec 2, CM stg 4, spec 5 kinda held. when we compared them all the clutch net had an extra spring un like the others that acheive higher loads by heat treament. Right now the clutchnet is holding 400whp daily. It does slip sometimes in a 4th gear roll from low mph. But rolling through them 1-2-3-4 not slipping.

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts
the beauty behind clutchnet is you can mix and match your clutch to suit your needs from mild street to solid hub race 3 puck discs. we have used clutchnet products on maybe high powered FWD applications, notably turbo VR6 golfs and such, and have nevr had an issue to date.
how mild or agressive were you looking for?
we are running a clutchnet 11LBS flywheel, 6puck sprung hub disc and 1450psi pressire plate in our powerworks SC'ed ZX3 and it holds perfectly, feels very close to stock!
one of our sponsored cars, Econorocket out ot TX, is running the CN 11LBS flywheel on his turbo zx3 and loves it!

shoot me a PM and we'll put a package together for you!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I guess I'll chime in here as well. I don't know about the clutchnet clutches but have heard nothing but good things. I do run the cluthnet 11lb flywheel (1st production piece I believe) and its unbelieveable build quality. I don't have any of the idle problems associated with using TOO light of a flywheel, but I still get the extra kick in the pants when I'm getting on it.
I drag race quite often and have not lost any consistency off the line either..........loss of consistency seems to be quite common with LW flywheels.
Anyways, if you are considering an aluminum flywheel this is definitely the one to get...........especially if you are at all concerned about driveability.

·
The best part about me is that I think I am better
4,481 Posts
this is the kit we suggest to higher powered FI street cars...

Clutchnet 11LBS 6061-T6 heat treated Aluminum Flywheel, $375usd plus S&H
Clutchnet Racing 6-button "E-Z Lock Pro" sprung hub disc, $170usd plus S&H
Clutchnet Racing 1450psi pressure plate, $220usd

all clutchnet prices are listed by part and not package as there are so many options as far as discs go.

we are still working with clutchnet on a SVT pressure plate but the SVT 13LBS flywheel and all discs are currently available. Duratec clutches are also in the works...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts