Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
, MI

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:16 am Post subject: code p0750 bad shift solenoid? Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
well before you flame on i must let you know i have done a search and have a pretty good idea of whats wrong and why. but i am posting to see what you guys think as you will know more about it then i. we have had an ongoing electrical problem with an 02 focus where battery light will come on and car will die, ten minutes later start then die 30 seconds later and so forth. last time we had the problem is was bad grounds well its occuring again this time cleaning grounds isnt fixing it and car was overheating til today the cel popped on for the first time and it wont go over 30 mph, update today took car to autozone car drives fine with od off but battery light still comes on so does the cel and it still overheats. well i have an idea why it overheats either bad waterpump or thermostat which isnt causing the cel to come on the cel is coming on b/c of bad shift solenoid. if overdrive is off car drives just fine but still overheats at stop signs til you rev it up a couple times. so i know its bad solenoid but need to know where its located. 3rd of all why now is battery light staying on bad alternator/battery all grounds have been cleaned

·
Registered
719 Posts
my O\D shift solenoid went out on me a while ago i had a mechanic fix it for beer and $50+ parts, i don't know where it is but i'm pretty sure it's accesable by removing the tranny pan, the overheating is probably the thermostat check the seep or weep hole whatever it's called on the water pump if it has coolant\ water in it time for a water pupm or at least a new gasket, from my experience with the water pumps they will make noise if they are failing or have failed. as for the cell i don't know get the alt. tested, and check the cells in the battery make sure they are full if they are not only use distilled water or you will destroy the battery, good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts