Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just received a shipment of ST coilovers by KW for the 00-05 Focus. I have 2 sets for the ZX3 and sedan and 1 set for the wagon. These are manufactured in Germany by KW and carry a five year warranty which is serviced here in the USA, and are 1-way/height only adjustable, 1.4"-2.2" Front and 1.4"-2.0" Rear Body Drop. Front springs are rated at 345lbs and the rear springs are progressive. You can drop a bit more with the elimination of the helper springs. These can be used on 06-11 Focus models with the purchase of the Massive Speed System Omni Kit.

What to expect is excellent ride quality with increased performance. While performance minded, these kits are designed for use on street cars, not race cars, which makes them an excellent choice for the everyday driver. The quality is there, as KW makes the best off the shelf coilovers. There are 2 differences between the ST kits and the KW kits. The ST strut bodies are a highly galvanized steel with zinc coating and have the five year warranty. The KW kits come with stainless steal strut bodies and carry a lifetime warranty. The equivalent KW suspension, the Variant 1 for the 00-05 Focus (06-11 w/omni kit) pricing is in the $1200+ range.

Pricing is too low to advertise. Pm Pm Pm for Pricing!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
ST kits are pretty good. I know you can get the V1 KWs for about $900-$1k. These cheaper?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ST kits are pretty good. I know you can get the V1 KWs for about $900-$1k. These cheaper?
Pricing for these kits is lower. KW had what they called the "Basic" version of the V1. It was lower priced to reflect the difference in the shock body metal and the warranty length. The KW V series has their INOX stainless steel body and lifetime warranty. The Basic series had a heavy galvanized steel body with zinc coating. Warranty was five years.

The ST coilover kits are the same as the same "Basic" KW kits. KW has upgraded ST since it purchased Suspension Techniques. There was some overlap in products at the time and it made more sense to drop the Basic kits from the KW line and use them exclusively in the ST line.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I have this kit installed on my SVT, and it's an absolutely PHENOMENAL setup… anyone picking up this kit won't be disappointed !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts