Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking foward to buy a CAI pipe, but it seems like its hard to find..... And I dont wanna build my own. Anybody has one or knows where I can get it.....
I have a regular intake and as the engine gets hotter I feel that that s*** it sucking in hot air mostly.... Which affects the way my car performs, a CAI will solve this aint it?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
i guess im confused about what you're asking. if you want a CAI, there are at least 5 brands, if not more. AEM, Volant, Injen, cool-flo, etc etc. however, the stock system shouldn't be too affected by heat due to the forward location of the snorkel and the plastic tubing. so i guess, clarify what you're asking

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sorry.... I confused you.... I do have an Intake system..... Not a CAI... Just a Steeda Intake. I wanna get just the CAI pipe..... Thats why I conplain about the performance loss caused by heat....

·
Registered
542 Posts
You can pick up an SVT snorkle for very little $ and put that in. That may help a bit. I know someone who has that on his car and he hasn't complained about any heat issues.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

here u go, look at my page...this'll give ya the info 2 make 1. hit me up 4 any other q's.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
AH, i see
. i guess your options are:
1. buy new intake (probably not an option)
2. custom-fab heat shield for it
3. buy SVT snorkle (mine's on the way, its only like 20-some dollars)
4. custom-fab CAI like ult has.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS GUYS..... Last night i was thinking about a way to build a heat shield and i cutted the airbox in half(pretty much) and got the other half and cutted it to seal with the hood, now I have kind of a barrier. Between the engine and my air filter... I'll post picture soon... Work just fine.... Difference in performance when engine gets cold not as noticeable anymore

1 - 7 of 7 Posts