Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Every talks about how much better CAI is compared to regular intake BUT what is this I hear about it can suck up water and ruin your engine? I live in houston and it is always raining, so I dont know if Iwant to take the chance. Also what is the difference between Short Ram Intake and I guess regular intake? Thanks

304 Posts
cai relocates the filter down next to the wheel well in the front bumper. with the filter being this close to the ground, u risk the chance of runnin into deep water and it being sucked up through the filter. water in engine=no no. water doesnt compress so itll screw u real nice.

short ram just refers to the intakes that are located inside the engine bay. most of the time they have cone filters as well.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i have a cai i live in trenton it rains it snows and i hae yet to have a problem with it usually it tucks in right next to the turn signal. i have driven in puddles and never had a problem i got stuck in 3 " of mud in west virginia. just cleaned my filter and kept on moving...if you want the gains of a cai get a bypass valve and it will drain the water out if you want to play it safe which you should your car your money. then get a good short air intake just my .02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts