Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering where the air filter ends up on a cold aie intake set up. could some one post a pic of theres please.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it suck up any water or is it protected. I live in portland oregon rains alot?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by belnaper:
does it suck up any water or is it protected. I live in portland oregon rains alot?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You will be fine. I too live in Portland, and the only time you have to worry about water getting into your engine is if you drive through high water/gigantic puddle. Despite what anyone else says, the heaviest of rain will have no ill effects.

My dad had a filter on his M Coupe that was exposed through the front duct on the bumper ie more direct contact with water, he never once had a problem.

The fact is, a litter water can actually be good for your engine. The problem comes when your filter is submerged and you are sucking in more water than air. Keep in mind, even if part of the filter is submerged, air will be coming in from the dry part. It has too be completly submerged before there are any problems.

The one down side is that you will have to clean the filter a lot because it will get dirty FAST!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts