Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and looked around, but couldn't find any solid answers. Basically, I want to put a CAI into my spi and would prefer to get a CAI that can get rid of the stock air box. Is there an intake that will fit that would bypass the stock airbox?

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
any zetec cai, aem,bomz,injen???, wil work on the spi

if you have the stock throttle body then you need a reducer from the tb to the cai, if you have the bdr throttle then you are good to go.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You know gig we have been talking about this reducer for quite some time now and no one has been able to find a reducer with a 90degree bend in it or the right measurements. I think we should scratch the reducer idea.
IMO.

I found a piping company along time ago that made rubber reducers and custom ones but it was going to cost like 100$ to make one. I lost the website though.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I've never needed a 90* reducer.
every intak I have seen already has the bend. you put the reducer on the TB just like a regular coupler.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Ah, jay is right about the intakes without a 90 degree in it already. Ones that come to mind are the bomz and aem cai, and the mac shorty intake. I totally forgot the aem and bomz don't have the bend.

Ok, I just tried it with a 2.5" silicone coupler I have from my turbo parts and it fit on the stock tb with a t-bolt clamp. Just makes it. To go from a standard intake like the iceman with a bend already in it all you need is a 2.5-3" straight reducer, I bought one from extrememotorsports.com for 18+shipping. They also have the bend for $45 (cheapest I could find after a quick search)which is alot but if you get a bomz and the bend it comes to about $100 total for the cai and the bend which ain't bad if you can't afford to get a tb too at this time. The bomz and aem cai have 2.5" piping so all you would need is a 2.5' 90 degree bend.

I would contact lance at jgs precision turbo first to see how much he can get those silicone bends for. They are not on his site but I belive he can get that stuff too.
if he don't have it then these guys have some good prices.
http://www.extrememotorsports.com/g2cat/hoses.htm

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
could you just hack up your stock intake pipe and put a straight reducer on that? (if necesary)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.