Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my SVT started to act a bit weird a couple days ago. On a cold start when it's been sitting for a fair bit of time (8+ hours) I get some nasty power bogging...

What happens is I start it up, it starts fine, not a bad idle or hunting like I have seen before. I back out without any issues, but when I put my foot into the gas to drive out of the parking lot, I get no throttle response, it just goes down, idle drops, and I can tap the throttle all I want and nothing.

Then it will kick in like someone turned on the switch and run fine.

I am almost thinking fuel pump issue or something. I did "port" the throttle body a couple days before this started, but I checked and the TPS seems to be in order, and the valve opens and closes just fine. I pulled the battery and reset the ECU/PCM even and no difference.

I want to take it into teh dealer but I am waiting till I get a few things wrong so I can get some warranty work done on it all at once and some TSB's attended to.

·
Not A Texan!
420 Posts
I don't know the milage on your car, but it sounds an awful lot like what a truck of mine did when the spark plugs were shot. When the truck was cold, it would bog down on acceleration, until it warmed up. Check those, and all your vacuum lines. if its not that, I have seen cars do that when the catalytic converter got clogged. those are just some starting points to look at.

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
You could try the YRFO. However my 03 did it after I had the updated program and at times was worse then stock. For some reason SVT and Ford can't figure the whole issue out. I sure hope they can fix it better now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts