Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...so I was bored and $6 at Home Depot and 30 minutes later I made this. Does it do anything? It felt like the car had 30 more HP! Just playin'...I doubt it does anything, but like I said...I was bored.

My only concern is when it rains (I'm in Seattle) if I have to worry about it channeling water to the filter. Anyone else have a similar contraption for their CAI?

I've since put the K&N Style filter back on as the car did not respond as well with the ITG on there.

From the front:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I am in the midst of doin a similar, pulls from under the car
but can be blocked off when it rains + its a splash gaurd
all i have left to do is mount it under the car and drill a
few holes for some screws

i had a prototype going and it seemed by the "butt dyno" had a little more pull around 40 mph with basic driving

what do you think

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
If you are worried about water put a trap in there at the lowest point in the tube that dumps to the ground.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
i did a similar thing with the volant, but i have two pipes running, one for the hole on the bottom of the box and one for the one behind the headlight. both are going into the grill (i just cut off a corner of that plastic peice by the radiator). I got the pipes from a Raid HP intake kit while i was in germany, they are nice ones with end caps so the aluminum doesnt fray at the end. Cant post any pics as i dont have a scanner or digital camera (or a regular camera for that matter...)
It feels like it pulls better at speed, especially when downshifting to pass or get on an on ramp.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I had an idea about putting that same tubing behind the lower grill, and running it up to my ractive short ram. But since people say the ractive shortram traps alot of heat, and omg is it noticable after the car has been running for a while. Just ordered a bomz polished cold air of ebay, now i might use ur idea.

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
well its alot easier with the volant. as the box already has the holes premade..and it somewhat seals to the hood so it doesnt suffer from heat sink as bad as most short rams

1 - 6 of 6 Posts