Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently decided to do some interior painting, even though it may be awhile before i have the time and money to do so. However, looking at peoples posts, when they bring another color into the interior, it is usualy to match their car. However, I have a silver car with a grey interior. I thought about painting some pieces black, cuz im looking for contrast, so i cant go with silver (grey). Any opnions? any silver focus owners out there painting interiors? Im just not sure if i should pull in a 3rd color at random.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
i dont have a silver car but i did paint some of my pieces silver. take a look.
First

Second

Last

just some idea help if you are interested

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
I'd go with black or silver. Something subtle and classy.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, i love the silver cjmartiny, very nice. Is ur interior black? I think it is, but the pics are bright. I like the silver on black, but i have grey interior, and i think silver would get lost on it. So it seems my only real option is black (which works cuz some pieces are already black, radio bezel, guage surround etc). I have no third color to pull in, unless i just pick one at random. Thanks for the opinions!

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
yes i have the dark interior, but i posted em so you can see the silver i used. but with your car being silver on the outside it makes it hard to get a good color.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if only i had the black dash, then the silver would match my exterior, AND stand out.......maybe my project just got alot bigger. but also, my seats, carpet and headliner would still be grey, though they may look interesting standing out. ahhh, still i ponder........

·
Registered
784 Posts
do you have a charcoal grey interior? or like a bright grey. that interoir looks the same as mine. its not black, its charcoal grey. even though its not a black interior, i think it looks perty. =)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the light grey. I guess by black i meant charcoal grey. i agree, the charcoal is nicer than the light stuff.......maybe ill get charcoal grey paint matched for me.....

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
you know that duplicolor makes fabric and vinyl paint. you could always do that. that would let you look like us lucky people with the dark charcoal
j/k but you might want to look into it

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much does the paint and primer go for? is it in spray form?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you dont mind me asking just a few more questions......

How many cans did u use? Did you prime anything first?

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
i didnt do that to my car. sorry can tell ya how many cans. you can go to autozone or what ever.. they should have it there. just check if you need to prime anything

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ohhhh, ok, no prob. Did you have it professionally done? I wonder if duplicolor would look as good, or close to it......i guess ill find out next week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts