Ford Focus Forum banner

compact car owners more ignorant by the day

1K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  boostedzx3 
#1 ·
the title says it all and to each they're own....it seems around here you cant drive a mile w/o seeing about 2 compact cars roll by w/ a fart cannon a big aluminum wing give or take and euro tail lights...ok thats fine they think it's cool...in some cases it is...but it just seems every day it gets worse...so i'm driving down from advance auto this one day and i'm sitting at a redlight and caddy corner from me are about 6 kids in a saturn..as the light turns green i proceed and the kids start to roll by the other direction..as we pass one of the kids feels the need to lean out the window and shout obsenities at me and or my car....it's like wow theres a nice looking car i'm jealous lets yell things out the window at him....i mean come on what did i do to you...i'm just driving man.....another case...here i am driving minding my own business again..i hit a redlight on the one strip....i pass this kid in a stock GS-T eclipse w/ a blitz kit..just like every other eclipse...the light goes green and he's about 2 cars back in the right lane and i'm in the left...so the first car goes flying by me and i'm just taking my time and the eclipse then goes haulin ass past and then cuts me off and gives me the thumb down...then downshifts and blows a bunch of black smoke at me....wow...real cool..they have no idea what it takes to turbo a focus...or the work i have into it...just ignorance man....time to start rippin people out of they're cars for this soon

Edit: heres another instance....about every DSM or honda owner that passes me has to go by and right about as they get to my window they rev it up till it hits the limiter...b/c we all know thats the coolest sound in the world...especially when your N/A (naturally aspirated)...I mean come on i have a big intercooler hanging under my front end are you really that [censored] stupid?

See less See more
#2 ·
lol yea i know, hey update the pics of your car on the cardomain page

#3 ·
so the first car goes flying by me and i'm just taking my time and the eclipse then goes haulin ass past and then cuts me off and gives me the thumb down
So you bought a turbo kit to drive slower than regular traffic or do people in your area just drive really fast?

Does your car still look like the cardomain pics? I can see how the altezzas, cheap looking halo headlights, loud pepboys style seat covers and intercooler would agitate ricers.

#4 ·
His car looks different. Just because you have a Turbo doesn't mena you have to ring the crap out of the car between every light. I applaud his ability to drive like a human.

#5 ·
This is why I took all performance-related stickers off of my car, and why I will never buy another car, and why i will never buy a loud aftermarket exhaust again (i'll get a quieter one, like the FS Stealth).

I am sick of all the tasteless wannabes buzzing around town messing with me, and others associate me as one of them, etc.

Other thing I learned: The exhaust will be like the last thing I modify. I had plans for FI and stuff but then I stopped modding my car, and now all I have is a Volant intake, FC 65mm throttle body, UDP, and my Vibrant exhaust, and people think that I am under the impression that my car is super fast because I have a loud exhaust. haha.

#6 ·
This is why I took all performance-related stickers off of my car, and why I will never buy another car, and why i will never buy a loud aftermarket exhaust again (i'll get a quieter one, like the FS Stealth).
That's the exact same reason why my car is bone stock on the outside down to the 15" wagon wheels. I won't even tint it to keep from drawing any attention. The only thing that gives it away even a bit is the Borla tip sticking out the back. But it doesn't give much away since I haven't polished it since I installed the exhaust almost 3 years ago(Hell, I haven't even washed the car in over a year). Plus, a turbo makes for a decent muffler almost regardless of how open your exhaust is. Even the intercooler is pretty hard to notice behind the stock front bumper. Only thing that gives me away is when my wastegate opens at around 4k rpm (A wastegate venting to atmosphere can be kind of loud). But the nice thing is that I can cruise all day long in 'stealth' mode if I want to and unless you're directly behind me you'd have a tough time even telling my car is modified. Because of that, I don't think I ever remember being 'reved on' more than once or twice(The infamous York(PA) Circuit).

I don't think this trend is going anywhere good in the next few years. Hopefully it will die out before it gets much worse. The people that are making a bad name for the "sport compact" scene are going to be the same people that are whining once legislation and regulation all but smother the industry.

#8 ·
ya kno, i've fought about rice and extreme show='fastness' for a while but i just get too tired, its keeps coming..

i just sit and relax in the fact that their cars look good for a second, if that, cars that can keep looking good and appealing to the eyes are always the ones with clean style and direction in styling...if u have the eye, you do, if not, then you dont

im just glad that i never dipped into that scene when i was young, bout to turn 21 and im glad that i have an eye for what looks good for years to come, not just right now... knowing what new neon or flashy things are in style right now, never looks good but only having the "just came out" appeal..

-chris

#9 ·
so the first car goes flying by me and i'm just taking my time and the eclipse then goes haulin ass past and then cuts me off and gives me the thumb down
So you bought a turbo kit to drive slower than regular traffic or do people in your area just drive really fast?

Does your car still look like the cardomain pics? I can see how the altezzas, cheap looking halo headlights, loud pepboys style seat covers and intercooler would agitate ricers.
Also if you want to know what the car looks like try to look past page one plus I don't have any up that have the body kit on just pics of the kit seperate.

#11 ·
How is this any different from the stoners in the primered muscle cars back in the '80's? They would get together and agitate people too.

It's just being young and immature, letting it get to you is only going to fuel the fire. Learn to laugh it off...

It's getting worse, that's true, but we all could spend countless hours griping about the idiocy we see on today's roads, or we can all get a good laugh and make our day a little brighter...

#12 ·
it's bad enough here in indy that there are copper choppers up in the air looking for people driving around in "modded" cars.

#13 ·
I would get that in my stock '87 VW Fox and my '01 ZX3.
I don't get it so much in this

#14 ·
I had some guy in a Mustang yell "F**K YOU" 2 weeks ago. That's the only thing bad that's been yelled at me since I bought my SVT. I've had a couple cars of chix whistle and ask me out (yep, while driving *SIGH*)... too bad there aren't many good looking gals in WI (that aren't high maintenance or have baggage).

#15 ·
Did you have your fog machine on when all this happened?
yep cause i drive w/ that on all the time
...that would be smart...anyways the comment about the angel eyes were pretty dumb...they're not the cheap 100 dollar ones they were like 250 so....they're not bad i honestly like my car anyway yea i dont care anymore but it is getting worse

#17 ·
I had some guy in a Mustang yell "F**K YOU" 2 weeks ago. That's the only thing bad that's been yelled at me since I bought my SVT. I've had a couple cars of chix whistle and ask me out (yep, while driving *SIGH*)... too bad there aren't many good looking gals in WI (that aren't high maintenance or have baggage).
Dude, you're in Sheboygan! Are there even any girls there?

I get some crap from Mustangs too, some revs at stoplights, but I think most of the time they see my little girl in the back and think twice. That and I simply don't give them anything back (no revs, no looks, no rolling back at the stoplight etc).

#18 ·
anyways the comment about the angel eyes were pretty dumb...they're not the cheap 100 dollar ones they were like 250 so....
You do know that those are all the same lights, right? Them costing $250 isn't a good thing.

#19 ·
I know what you mean man. The strangest thing I ever saw was I was hanging out with some friends and I wasn't driving my focus (which is well known) and a few punks roll up talking trash. They then procede to tell us that they just busted "the silver turbo focus" ass hardcore, and I was like oh really? I said whare did you race him at? he proceded to tell me, and I said well thats really strange, since I'm the owner, and it's in my shop torn apart. They shut up and drove off.

#20 ·
PA is bad for wannabe street racers. Every car around here has the muffler cut off and a APC one welded on. There must be about 10 Cavis/Sunfires with duals runnin around. A bunch of cars with the big alum wings and altezzas.

#21 ·
anyways the comment about the angel eyes were pretty dumb...they're not the cheap 100 dollar ones they were like 250 so....
You do know that those are all the same lights, right? Them costing $250 isn't a good thing.
well i got them when they first came out w/ them...but anyways i mean the ones that look like they're halos but just projectors.....in any case who really freekin cares i could care less what he said...i'm almost 21...i have a fiance..and i changed my music style from rap to country...i could really care less what anyone thinks me or my car looks like LOL all us soon to be married or married people understand

#22 ·
bring a passenger with you that has a pistol grip pump on his lap at all times, and when someone tries to pull [censored] he pops up out of the sunroof and starts blastin.

that'll show them. that'll show em GOOOOOOD.

#23 ·
well i got them when they first came out w/ them...but anyways i mean the ones that look like they're halos but just projectors.....in any case who really freekin cares i could care less what he said...i'm almost 21...i have a fiance..and i changed my music style from rap to country...i could really care less what anyone thinks me or my car looks like LOL all us soon to be married or married people understand
How did you just up and change your music style? I can't fathom doing that. Or does getting married make one listen to country music

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.