Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not too familliar with this, so if this makes no sense, please disregard =)...

my friend was telling me that his Mistubishi 4G63T has a palm-pilot program which he can download and plug into the ECU, allowing him to monitor all sorts of things (fuel/air, injector presure, oil pressure, etc).. I was wondering if there's such a thing for the focus?

I asked another friend, and he said it's standard on some computer chip that most cars use... he wasn't sure the name of the chip.. i am wondering if anything like this is avaiable for the focus?

peace.
RIP Jam Master Jay.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yep, this is also possible with the Foci. All you need to do is get your Foci connected to a computer (or palm) through OBDII port (down below steering wheel, above the pedals).

http://www.obd-2.com/

sells a softie for notebooks (or desktops if you like) and I know some company makes this stuff for palms. Do a search on the jet (for OBDII scanning) as this has been discussed before...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Also there is:

Auterra OBDII Proggie for Palm applications

AutoTap (PC or Palm)

I have both the OBD-2 software for PC (in previous post) and the Auterra for my Palm unit.

OBDII is a standard for all 1996 and newer cars (most do have it, however some makes don't in the 96-98 timeframe). It is both a standard language and format of output, along with a standardized port structure (however some different makes use differing Pin configurations).

[ 11-03-2002, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts