Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy gave me his old cone filter off his car today because he wanted a differnt color. I dont have an intake and I was wondering if there is anything I can do with it? I was look at it and wanted to know if it would attach right to the MAF or is there custom piping I would have to run to make this work? Please let me know if there is anything I can do with this filter...

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
lots of people have done this before, including me. just detach the MAF sensor from the airbox, remove the airbox and ram the filter onto the end. the rubber inlet on the filter should be able to give enough to slip around the end of the sensor. then just use a good old hose clamp to hold it in place and you're all set. realistically, most of the filters fit so tight on there that the hose clamp isn't entirely necessary, but it's a good idea. how you keep the filter from rattling around is entirely up to you. i kept the lower portion of the air box in, took out the air filter, and let the cone filter rest in/on the box. also kept the snorkel in so that it was kinda a ghetto ram air setup. makes it louder, but i didn't think there was a lot of pickup according to the old butt dyno.

Mike

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I found this pic but the thread had no explanation on how the filter is actually attached to it, anyone know?
Gee that car looks familiar

Thats a K&N ru2710, just slip it over the end of the MAFS and tighten down the hose clamp. That with a custom Flowmaster catback pulled down 115whp and 120wtq for me. I can't belive how much I've done since then, that was a year ago august.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.