Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any semi-decent cone filters that don't require oiling? I know I worry too much, but I don't feel like having to worry about a MAFS dying from oil.

I'd go to Autozone to save money, but I don't know how low quality they are there.

Thanks

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
if you oil it right you wont have to worry...

it was stated a while back that you should clean it then dry it,
apply the oil, stuff the filter with paper towels and wrap it with paper towels,
let it sit overnight,
THEN reinstall it.
i dont remember WHO posted it originally, but MichealXI LOVED the idea.

(note the 3 emoticons, grammatical layout, and capitalized words)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Get an ITG, You'll still have to oil it, but I'v never heard of one fowling up someone's MAF.

·
Registered
950 Posts
ITG is the way to go, flows much better than the cotton cones or panels.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
The ITG Dust Retention Coating Spray is nice... spray the foam on the filter... massage it in... let it dry a lil, and you'll be all set!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Okay, anything a little less expensive than an ITG? 80 bucks is a little spicy, considering I can make everything else for cheaper.
the ITG filter will be the last one you buy... period. Well worth the price. It carries a LIFETIME warranty... so if it fails, new one = free!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I have heard/read good things about the oil-free Apexi cone filters. In an independent test they supposedly flowed better and blocked more dirt particles compared to 5 or 6 competitive oiled air filters.

But I'm with these guys above...I'd go with an ITG filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts