Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wondering if putting a cone filter on the end of the stock intake tube would do anything? I have a K&N drop in filter in my air box right now but I can't notice a difference in anything? I just bought a house so i don't really have any extra money for a complete c.a.i. right now... anyways if you guys have any comments about this please let me now? I am not worried about sucking in hot air because its starting to cool off here now, so it shouldn't be problem, also if anybody has this right now, whats size cone and any specific brand filter. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I think it would make a difference. I'm not AEM but I would suspect that a cone would not only let in more air. I would guess it would allow your intake to take in more air in a less amount of time (if that matters). As for you air filter, you shouldn't suspect to feel a lot of a** whopping power here cause from the get go the air filter is all that it is...a filter for air.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I did this for a little while while I was in between intakes. bascally you get a better sound out of it and a minimal gain. the flow of the tube is a problem almost as much s the filter. the bend and the ridges make for a little resistance is all I can think of. I know that when I got my FC CAI on after doing the filter on a stick, I could feel a little more pull.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
back before a lot of aftermarket intakes existed, people used to jam a Ractive cone filter on the end like you mention. i did this, it will pretty much be like Hitokiri said.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Go on ebay and buy a bomz polished cold air intake for 45 bucks , same as aem true cold air intake but a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Go on ebay and buy a bomz polished cold air intake for 45 bucks , same as aem true cold air intake but a fraction of the cost.
and its just a lil more then a k&n drop in

thegreat1

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I actually just had one installed on my car myself, and its a big step up from the ractive short ram i had on there. Great looking and quality intake for a little more then a k&n drop in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts