Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I want a header but don't want to deal with the idea of removing a Race Header every two years for emissions.

Right now I have an Iceman CAI, Ported TB, FR Wires, Bosal Flex and Magnaflow Catback.

Will I see/feel decent gains if I install a set of Cam Gears and a set of Stage one cams with the stock EM and Cat.

I asked htis before but only one person really answered and since then have seen conflicting answers.

Please help.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Personally... IF I were going to do another header I would do the SVT header w/ hi-flow cat.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a shorty and hi-flo and didn't like it. I have been contemplating the SVT Header but the price is kinda steep. May do it anyways.

I have an ATX, not for laziness but for a good reason, and had some issues with the shorty and hiflo. My trannie kept shifting in and out of OD lockout. Got that fixed after selling the shorty. Course, with a shorty and hiflow, cams, gears and the SCT tune, I could have a nice little daily driver.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure can but with no EGR tube which mean I would fail emissions. Since the car will likely be going overseas, it is important to keep the emissions stuff.

As for expensive, the SVT Header kit with everything needed plus the RT Hi Flow cat and all needed for that is over 700 bucks.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
If the car is going overseas all the emissions crap has to come off the car.
As far as the header kit goes just go to a junkyard or surf the for sale ads and buy a cat off there. They are listed every week by someone changing something.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
if you are worried about emissions I would go w/the svt header w/the rt cat and call it a day and not worry about a thing while getting some of the best gains on the dyno for a header that still passes : )

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ford Motorsport sells a svt header kit includes modified svt header, heatshield, revised egr tube and dipstick tube for $300...sounds like a damn good deal to me.
Note: This information came straight from the Motorsport book.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
SVT Header/Cat - FR 2's - Cam Gears - Ported '00 Intake Mani - SCT.

- Drew

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ford Motorsport sells a svt header kit includes modified svt header, heatshield, revised egr tube and dipstick tube for $300...sounds like a damn good deal to me.
Note: This information came straight from the Motorsport book.
That is for the header kit itself. Add a cat which is another 300 and add the o2 extension harness too.

Drew, thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts