Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts

The "white car" driven by FocusSport owner and president Raffi Kazanjian not only took home the prize for Fastest Focus this weekend, but it took third place (unofficially) overall in the Time Trial Unlimited (TTU) class with a blistering 1:52.990 on Sunday morning.

Congratulations to Raffi, Artful Tuner Randy, Master Mechanic Vik, and the entire shop for putting together a fantastic car that turned an even more fantastic lap out there!

:bow:

Ride along won't you? Courtesy of Jon K's Chase Cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpqw2EdDxEg

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
HOLY.

Fastest FI Focus... duh.

1:52.9 I was already in awe about.

But 3rd place in TTU?!

THIRD PLACE IN TTU?!!?!?!?

IN A FWD?!!?!?!?

IN A FOCUS?!?!?!?!

WITH A FULL DASH, ECU TUNING, UNLEADED GAS, NUMEROUS OTHER LIMITATIONS.

un-freakin-believable.

I bow.

And I demand a make-up ride!!! :rant:

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
Awesome vid....

Just curious... did the person driving the SRT4 say anything??? I bet they were a little upset...

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Croc_Tease! said:
Did I miss something?
No, all passes were clean. :) He probably just meant did he say anything cus he got passed by a little ol' Focus. ;)

Thanks for the link Todd, I was just goofing around with our own videos - I may still put one up.

And thanks to Jon for putting his kick ass camera in the car for a session! :cool:

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Dracconix said:
Awesome vid....

Just curious... did the person driving the SRT4 say anything??? I bet they were a little upset...
I talked to a guy with a C6 Z06 fully prepared for TTU and he ran a 1:53.X

I bet you HE'S upset.

·
Registered
854 Posts
^was that terry free? the yellow z06 that broke down at the end of the day? I was thinking he would be 1 or 2

i was mad when the video cut out after he passed the srt, that was gonna be a faster lap with nobody in front of him.

3rd in TTU is amazing, having the balls to run a focus in TTU is amazing, way to go!
how many other cars were in TTU?

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are the top 3 sunday times:

548 Terry Free 1:48.336
505 Keith Broadwater 1:52.466
2 Raffi Kazanjian 1:52.990

All the times are here: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=192210

I could be mistaken, but the 505 car is another Z06, IIRC. But yah, there are several laps out there where Raffi was quicker. When Raffi set his best lap, he had Broadwater beat that session by almost a whole second. I don't doubt that Raffi could have probably shaved some time off the lap had he run all day... he quit racing after the second session (when he set this time) gave rides in the third and was gone by the 4th... the 4th session was the best... cool ambient, and warm track surface.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Nice Job! I can't imagine what it felt like to be harassed by a while little Focus while you are in a PREPARED Z06. Anyways good luck
-bix

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
Major congrats to you guys! When I see what that car and the other cars that have your parts can do out there it just amazes me.

·
Franklin's My Friend!
1,089 Posts
absolutely amazing. we were watching some video last night too-he passed so many corvettes that i lost count. not to mention the porshes and srt-4. he is amazing! watching it in person is just exhilirating.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Those are some fast times, a lot people from NASA called and emailed me and they have a new respect for the Focus.

I wish Andrew's transponder was working but we timed him and he came in at 1:56.1......Andrews dad was keeping time!

As usual awesome driving Raffi.....I remember those good old SCCA days

1 - 20 of 61 Posts