Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
f2focus said:
Those are some fast times, a lot people from NASA called and emailed me and they have a new respect for the Focus.

I wish Andrew's transponder was working but we timed him and he came in at 1:56.1......Andrews dad was keeping time!

As usual awesome driving Raffi.....I remember those good old SCCA days
Can you post some "quotes" that stood out in the emails?

:D

- Drew

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
AWSOME job guys!!! Congrats....that is an AMAZING car, and a GREAT Driver...nice work FS. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
WTG FocusSport!!!! That is VERY fast. The record for a USTCC is like 1:54.5. Both of Leo's Spec Focus did a 2:02 Which was faster then 1/2 the Honda Challenge 4 cars. That's pretty fast

·
Registered
854 Posts
BUR_ZX3 said:
Here are the top 3 sunday times:

548 Terry Free 1:48.336
505 Keith Broadwater 1:52.466
2 Raffi Kazanjian 1:52.990

All the times are here: http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=192210

I could be mistaken, but the 505 car is another Z06, IIRC. But yah, there are several laps out there where Raffi was quicker. When Raffi set his best lap, he had Broadwater beat that session by almost a whole second. I don't doubt that Raffi could have probably shaved some time off the lap had he run all day... he quit racing after the second session (when he set this time) gave rides in the third and was gone by the 4th... the 4th session was the best... cool ambient, and warm track surface.
what was keith driving?
edit: I just noticed how close he was to coming in 2nd!

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
I also heard lots of good from the event, I was watch with the motorsports director of Galphin Motors (Steve McCord) and he was very impressed with the white car (as was I). Good stuff and the vid in the other thread is real good.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Way to go FS crew! I love how Raffi holds the boost button down every chance he can, right up the the point when he enters the turn 1 banking. Great video. You guys need to bring that car out to the dez and run at PIR.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Dude, we've already gotten so much attention on the focus here in AZ, but if the FS turbo car showed up at PIR...NASA AZ would straight up take notice! That would be really cool...you guys are welcome here for sure.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
^^ Seriously, I wanna see FS at the top of Unlimited FWD.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
Its probably the groups best shot at this point. Scotty will have his modded SVT and should be in the 2:0?. But the FS car is sorted, driven well and could well have a shot there

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
slidemaster said:
Its probably the groups best shot at this point. Scotty will have his modded SVT and should be in the 2:0?. But the FS car is sorted, driven well and could well have a shot there
Yeah, and you talk about turning some heads... Redline Time Attack is by far the best way the Focus Community (and Ford, really...) can turn some heads by way of a Focus claiming Fastest FWD car at one of our events. What with the amount of exposure, coverage and buzz surrounding our series right now.....

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Nik,

You will see us out there soon..we are building our own time attack car! Fast of course, a little competition is always good.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Draxas said:
Yeah, and you talk about turning some heads... Redline Time Attack is by far the best way the Focus Community (and Ford, really...) can turn some heads by way of a Focus claiming Fastest FWD car at one of our events. What with the amount of exposure, coverage and buzz surrounding our series right now.....
What would be great to see a Focus win a NASA National Championship in Time Trial along with the Spec Focus Series.

For a Focus to win a NASA National Time Trial Championship at Mid-Ohio is by far the best way to turn heads in the Focus Community in Track Events. Nothing is better then winning a National Championship. Since NASA has the only true National Championship for Time Trial, It's the best place to get National coverage for the Focus.

The Exposure is huge at a National Championship event and has lead to great opportunities for the TT winners of 2006

NASA has been totally commented to the Focus, with the Start of the Spec Focus Series, The comment of Ford Racing to NASA in all forms of its program including a new Focus Training Program, The Rally Spec Focus Series and the up and coming Focus Cup Series. NASA will be the place for Ford and the Focus Community.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
biscuitninja said:
Nice Job! I can't imagine what it felt like to be harassed by a while little Focus while you are in a PREPARED Z06. Anyways good luck
-bix

:dunno: Its not unheard of or anything. We have a customer with a GT28R turbo swapped 337 (Anniversary edition GTI) that has taken 2nd place in the big bend TTU two years in a row!

nice ride Focus Sport! :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 61 Posts