Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish you and your wife many happy years together filled with peace and love. May you wake up everyday knowing that your marriage was the best decision of your life.

[tongue in cheek] Between my birth announcements and your wedding announcement, this forum is really losing its edge.[/tongue in cheek]

In this forum because of the real sense of community here.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
congrats rob. Someday soon I hope to join you in the ranks of the married...now to find a girl who doesn't piss me off.

Glad to hear you've found someone you can spend the rest of your life with. Good luck to you and yours.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
May you have many prosperous, joy-filled years together. Congrats

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Congrats Rob!
Good Luck!
You guys will do Great!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Congratulations indeed, Rob. For all the bad press it gets......I find marriage to be a truly wonderful thing.

Isn't it great to know someone truly loves you when they somehow listen and respond to your personal debate on what engine management system to get, or what welder offers the best value?

True love man!

now skip the honeymoon....where are the camber plates?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
best of luck to you (a corner carver) from me (a straight-liner). just put my shims in today...nice part, it'll help stiffen the rear some more for those launches.

congrats

-Ult

·
Registered
723 Posts
congrats rob

it is nice to wake up and see someone who will always care for you, love you, and listen to you when you need it. it makes me smile. unfortunately she is also someone who will always make you clean out the cat boxes!

anyway, i hope you too have a long, happy life together. but if you don't mind, could you devote just a *little* time to getting the camber plates done? that'd be great. thanks.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Wooooo Hooooo congrats Rob!
I hope your every day is filled with special moments.

You have a special thing going... I hope you enjoy the heck out of it

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Congrats indeed! Sorry I couldnt make it out for the bachelor party, I was out of town Friday-Sunday and did not get your message till I got back!
I'm sorry I couldn't make it either! I just couldn't get the time off.

Congratulations and my best to you both!

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Hey guys thanks, appreciate it. The wedding was wonderful, everything went great. I'll get some pictures up eventually. We had a medieval theme and it was beautiful.

Sorry I can't type much, because unfortunately we had a car wreck on our honeymoon. Tina fell asleep on the highway, hit the rumble strips on the right side, freaked out and swerved the car, I woke up, felt the car was yawing, and I grabbed the wheel to try to straighten it out. It didn't work, and we hit the center devider head on at about 50mph. The steering wheel airbag broke my left wrist.

This was in Tina's stock ZTS, not my spin-miester.

Tina is ok, just seatbelt abraisions and sore neck. The Focus did well, it was a damn hard hit.

So, needless to say, the honeymoon is over early.

It's all very freaky, we could have died very easily. So I'm thankful for that. Hearing your wife scream in terror is not a pleasant thing.

I'm left wondering if I did the right thing, trying to steer. In my mind I know the car was already gone. But I don't know for sure. I think her father blames me.

Anyway, that's it for now. Got a lot of things to take care of. Call the insurance, etc....

Well, so that was long afterall, well, you know me.

I'm just very glad to be alive.

If anybody else gets married, don't listen to all the pressures of the things you HAVE to do. Bachellor party, wedding day, run off on a honeymoon etc... it's too much. We had insomnia before and after the wedding, from all the stress. I wanted to relax at our cottage, but there is the pressure to have a "romantic" wedding. So we went to Niagara Falls. Tina's brain just shut down with no warning at 3 in the afternoon, after drinking a coffee, and only drove 30 minutes.

Ultimately it's our fault, but I blame society for putting all this pressure on people getting married to do this, that and the other thing.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
DAMN ROB!!
I'm so glad you guys are ok, that's some scary [censored]!

If the car is still in my area just let me know if there is anything I can do getting stuff out etc.

Congrats on the wedding.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Wow.. what a shift of Tone!!! I'm so sorry Rob! I hope everything turns out ok!!

I wish you all a speedy recovery!

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Holy [censored]! Dayam, I glad you two, are for the greater part, okay. As for grabbing the wheel, I don't see how he can blame you. At that point, no one would know what would happen. For all you know, you may have kept it from being even worse. Just don't beat yourself up over it. The important thing is you both survived. You can always get another ZTS.

Plus, it just adds to how nicely the Focus was designed.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
That was definitely a crazy shift in the tone of this post! I definitely wish you the best in your marriage and your recovery from the thankfully fairly minor injuries. I'm glad you two are okay.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Holy [censored], I am so, so sorry to hear that, and happy that you came away relatively unscathed! It's really a [censored] miracle!

I can see how such a jolt gives one a lot of perspective on what really matters, each other!.........everything else is just fluff.

Good luck........and you both deserve now to take it the hell EASY, and have some fun for yourselves not anyone else.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts