Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a local u-pull-it yard and was taking a good look at the contour throttle body, has anyone tried to mate it up to a focus yet? I like the cast aluminum design and it is considerably larger than the focus piece, I do think the tps is different, but the harness looks the same

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so nobody has tried this yet? I guess I will be the first one, i will pull it today and let everyone know

I read over on the contour forums that you need to switch out the TPS to the focus piece(his install was an fc onto a contour) and it should be fine

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
As long as the holes in the manifold and throttle body line up, and as long as the TPS has the right mounting points, you should be good. If at all possible, can you take pictures of the two next to each other from various angles for comparison? That would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I brought a tape measure with me to the junk yard and it should fit, they wanted $35 for it
so I told them to keep it, it does not have a o-ring in the throttle body, rather it has one in the manifold. the overall ID is the same, but it does not have the hump that people remove when the port the plastic one out, so it is essentially straight through
I guess BBK is the throttle body for me

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
There's a junkyard having a 50% off sale here this weeked, I think I might head up and see if I can find one of these throttle bodies and maybe an early 2000 intake manifold.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I hate to be the guy resurrecting old threads, but I was in the junkyard today and found a Zetec powered Contour. As I was grabbing up the valve cover and hardware, I saw that it had a perfectly round aluminum throttle body, so I grabbed that too ($61 total, tell me if I got ****ed or not. $17 valve cover and hardware, $41 throttle body.)

Has anyone done a swap of this piece for the Focus version? It measures 2 3/8" (approximately 60mm) behind the throttle plate. I'm just curious if I need to switch the TPS from my plastic oval throttle body.

Thanks, Denny in Aurora IL

·
Registered
860 Posts
2Slik said:
I have one of these throttle body's on ebay for 5 bucks.
Well, I guess that is what I get for making an impuse purchase!:(

Did you ever use one on a Focus that formerly had the oval plastic TB? How did it work out?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts