Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i have been looking at the Focus central intake for a while. And the focus sport cool flow one has really caught my eye. I like it but was wondering...how good is it. FOr example, am i going to see hp figure with the cool flo as i would with a volant, aem, injen or focus central one. The reason why i am asking this is i see that it dosent replace the stock tubing. Why? Also i have an ATX...any deal there. I like what the cool flo offers but just have to work hard for my $$ being 18 and in college and just want to make sure i am buying a product that is going to produce low end hp/or mid and shave some time ( the more the better) of my 1/4 mile. Thanks a lot -john

·
Registered
475 Posts
i had the cool flo on my first focus, and bought the injen intake for my 2nd focus because it was more "showy" and regretted it. i now have a cool flo on my car again and am much happier. you should check out focus sports website, they have dyno charts for their performance parts. their parts are tested and proven--i don't think that it gets much better.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Alright i have been looking at the Focus central intake for a while. And the focus sport cool flow one has really caught my eye. I like it but was wondering...how good is it. FOr example, am i going to see hp figure with the cool flo as i would with a volant, aem, injen or focus central one. The reason why i am asking this is i see that it doesn't replace the stock tubing. Why? Also i have an ATX...any deal there. I like what the cool flo offers but just have to work hard for my $$ being 18 and in college and just want to make sure i am buying a product that is going to produce low end hp/or mid and shave some time ( the more the better) of my 1/4 mile. Thanks a lot -john
The Cool-Flo is a great kit. Yes, there are plenty of other kits out there, some good, some not so good. The FS Cool-Flo will do what we advertise it to do. I can't say that for ALL the others that you've mentioned, but I'm not going to point them out.

As for the tubing, just because you can replace something, doesn't mean that you need to or even that you should. The Cool-Flo and the factory air box are mounted solidly, they have no movement. Your engine moves. A lot. The only provision for flex between the two is your intake tube, which has flex. Now, replace that flexible piece with a nice shiney chrome tube and you have very little flex, if any at all. I've had calls about aftermarket intake tubes cracking plenty of times. Or you maybe able to get a chrome tube that has decent connecting hoses that actually provide for flex, but the versions that work well, look just like the OEM bellows that the factory intake tube has. So...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ill be a guiney pig no warranty ill pay 220 with shipping to the east coast and i can drive around for awhile in my 2.3 stock for a week or two. just an idea........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts