Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak in my ZX3 sourcing from this part that is attached to the upper radiator hose. I need to replace it and I can't tell what part it is. Does anyone know the name of the part and/or approx. cost. Please help! Thanks

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
Im pretty sure that it's just a "gooseneck" and if its leaking its probably just the gasket. Are you SURE it is comming from there? Leaks can be decieving. Where on there is it leaking from...is it cracked or is there just anti-freeze around it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
That is the Thermostat Housing... It's about $35 from a dealer... easy fix, there is no gasket between it and the head, in fact the only gasket associated with that is the thermostat gasket witch is inside the Housing on the thermostat itself, be careful when you put the housing back on you don't want to strip the threads in the head!.Good luck. Oh and looking at your picture you need to replace your valve cover gasket too, i see a lot of build up around it.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
...there is no gasket between it and the head, in fact the only gasket associated with that is the thermostat gasket...
This is not true. There is a circular rubber gasket or o-ring between the housing and the head.

When mine leaked my parts contact at Ford swore there was no sepereate part number for the gasket so I had to buy the whole housing and it included the gasket.

I have heard of others here buying the gasket seperately, so I'd try that angle first. Maybe you'll get luckier than I did.

·
Krunktronik Tuner Goblin
3,346 Posts
...there is no gasket between it and the head, in fact the only gasket associated with that is the thermostat gasket...
I don't know why people post stuff when they have no idea what they're talking about.

If the gasket is bad, and you find that you will have to order an entire new housing just for the o-ring, go to a local Ace Hardware. They have every size o-ring posible.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
oh and lots of times, that build up that your saying is beacause of a failing valve cover gasket, could be a result of spilling of oil during fill up. thats mine anyway, and it looks exactly like that, after I clean it its gone, but somehow (probably the fact that I cant have a clean funnel) I spill a little oil everytime i refill. and it comes right back. so ???

ALSO! my car is leaking from the same spot, look at the hosegoing into the housing, my clamp was loose and the leak was coming from that loose hose, i replaced it with a band clamp and its all better now.

·
Registered
719 Posts
honda hunter... No idea?? so i forgot there was a gasket, sorry smart guy but i have a good idea, i've done it twice so stop with the comments, nobody asked for. Blue i'll bet you it's the gasket and if you get that bad a pouring oil maybe you should try a BIGGER FUNNEL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts