Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Randy, et. al.

I spent the weekend installing the JRSC onto my SVTF along with the CoolFlo and am wondering one thing...

Since there is no shield on the bottom of the CoolFlo, how is the heat fully shielded? I put my hand underneath the filter and the air was still pretty hot. Is it really better than just the stock airbox? Thanks again!

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
It is not fully shielded. The filter is isolated, but it's not an air tight seal. We purposely avoided having an air tight unit for two reasons. First, said design would pretty much duplicate the factory set up, but cost a hell of a lot more; Volant. Second, even though we get some warm air depending on driving conditions, we have MUCH more air flow. If you are not standing still or in heavy traffic, the Cool-Flo is going to perform extremely well. And even if you are in traffic, it will only take a few seconds of normal driving for intake temps to go down. Cool temps AND maximum flow, the best scenario.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Randy, I thought that must be it (that the engine compartment must have good circulation to bring in enough cool air). I appreciate the response.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
For a little help... I might recommend getting an SVT intake snorkel. For $25 its a great help!!!! More air from the front of the car!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one. It came off my SVT when I installed the JRSC/CoolFlo...

I'll think about that one...just route the hose up to the box?

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Yup... just squeeze it in between the frame and the box (mine fit... barely).

Works like a charm!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts