Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
I have the Cosworth flex-back (they call it the GT Race) exhaust and I think it sounds wonderful.

mievil knows the guy who won their cat back exhaust at the FocusSport Dyno Day, and he said he didn't like the sound. Maybe he will see this thread and expand on that. I don't think his friend had the flex pipe installed though, which I think would contribute to improving the sound a bit. Of course Ryan could just be super-finicky.

I think the price keeps most people away from trying it - and most who do pony up for the Cosworth exhaust will probably go all out and buy the one I have, so finding other people to review it might be tough. The quality is top notch though.

I took my car through a tunnel over the weekend at the top of 3rd gear and it sounded incredible the whole way through.

>8^)
ER

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Aye, my buddy does have the cat-back. And he does not have the flex-pipe, so that could be a very big step in changing the sound. Let me state the following and we shall see:

I have not heard their full flex-back system, so cannot expand upon what Peloton25's exhaust sounds like. I think it may change my mind as to whether or not I like it. But until I hear that sound, I vote nay.

However, let me state this very clearly. John (whom is the owner of the Focus with the Cosworth cat-back that I know) personally loves the sound of his car since he has put the Cossie system on there. So the owner of the car loves it. That makes my opinion irrelevant.

The tone in my opinion is a little too deep, but I do admit is is very throaty. I love the sound of my car (modified FS Sport system) and John loves the sound of his (Cossie), so again, although I don't consider it the best sounding exhaust, the owner does.

Let that speak what it may.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I've heard the Race version (flex-back) on Jared's car and it sounds sexy. I've also heard it on my car (Zetec + Race Header) and it sounds mean as hell. I love the Cossie exhaust!

I have a clip of it in my Sig.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've heard the Race version (flex-back) on Jared's car and it sounds sexy. I've also heard it on my car (Zetec + Race Header) and it sounds mean as hell. I love the Cossie exhaust!

that sounds real mean Gutted

·
Registered
3,925 Posts

Right now it's a cat back with a header, and I think I have an exhaust leak. Still sounds pretty good though, a little loud .. but good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts