Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the cossie flex pipe bolt directly in place of the stock pipe on an '04 PZEV? Also, does anybody know what kind of a power improvement this would be? (I know it will be small but I think that is a mod I can sneek by my wife without a big explanation.)

-Todd

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Does the cossie flex pipe bolt directly in place of the stock pipe on an '04 PZEV? Also, does anybody know what kind of a power improvement this would be? (I know it will be small but I think that is a mod I can sneek by my wife without a big explanation.)

-Todd
The cosworth flex only fits pzev's. (and cosworth headers)

So yes it will fit.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I felt a little improvement in power when I added mine. I'm not sure if it was really there or if I imagined it. But it definitely made a nice improvement in exhaust note.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I felt a little improvement in power when I added mine. I'm not sure if it was really there or if I imagined it. But it definitely made a nice improvement in exhaust note.
I second that!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
only the pzev? duratec?
It will only fit the pzev style manicats.

So all 03 - 04 2.3's and only the pzev 05 2.0's.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
I have the Cosworth 2.5 inch flexpipe installed in front of a 2.25" FS Stealth...

For an advertised .250 inch difference, the i.d.'s of both aftermarket pieces are about identical; the restriction now is the 2 inch OE PZEV mani-cat collector.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
So will it fit the 2.0
?
Your best bet is to get under the car and look up. Some duratec's have a two piece design and some are one piece where the manicat and flex section are all one piece.

Checking your own car first would be the most reliable way.

My gut feeling is that this was just one of those midstream changes, not unlike the shifter that changed partway through '02. Or the early '00 zetec intake manifold vs. later '00.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
My gut feeling is that this was just one of those midstream changes, not unlike the shifter that changed partway through '02. Or the early '00 zetec intake manifold vs. later '00.
Actually, I think we've proven fairly well that it's only a two-piece in PZEV models. We haven't heard from anyone with a non-PZEV car that had a two-piece manifold/flex, or anyone with a PZEV that had a one-piece manicat-flex.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts