Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am doing my frequent "When I get a MINI what will I do to it" daydreaming at work, and I was looking at M7 Tuning's site because I saw a sweet splitter they make, and then I saw this:

http://www.m7tuning.com/cosworth.html

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Nice, huh?
They're doing Subie stuff too.

One may also have machine work done at Cosworth's Torrance, Ca. facility, just like going to a neighborhood machine shop...

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Wow, even pricier than the D23 stuff. It looks like Cosworth has mighty fine taste in what they decide to make parts for, though.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that was weird, it's expensive as hell but it doesn't quite say what the gains are

·
Registered
715 Posts
Cosworth is doing a lot of projects for a few auto manufacturers out there. If i'm not mistaken...they're are rumors that they MIGHT be doing the '07 Infiniti GT-R's motor, but don't quote me on it

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
oh my cosworth miniwill equal teh hotness wheres my envious graemlin

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts
Especially when a heavily modded mini is still not making hardly any power...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
There's a guy on Car Domain with a Sc'd and TC'd mini cooper @ 300whp. Now I think having 300whp in a mini would be rediculous. A 2,000lb mini @ 300whp would be a dream! I don't think a focus pushing 300whp could keep up with a mini.

Visit www.minicooperforums.com - We need more people!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
A 2,000lb mini @ 300whp would be a dream! I don't think a focus pushing 300whp could keep up with a mini.
It takes a lot of work to get a Mini to 2000lbs!!

Minis are very similar in weight to a Focus... the last base Cooper I weighed was a tad under 2500lbs... The S is 2678 according to Miniusa.com

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
An old Mini? The Mini Cooper S weighs in just under 2700lbs (listed 2679). A little more with options. A base coop is 2500lbs. Super AND turbo? Damn... must have been fun routing that in that little space heheh! Hope he put an LSD and some wider tires on there.

Edit:
Omni... you slut, you beat me to it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yah, you don't see alot of 2000lbs minis, cept old school. That said, I'm really excited about the new turbo French motor. That might get me out of my svt sooner than expected. I've already almost bought a cooper S on three seperate occasions.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
So I am doing my frequent "When I get a MINI what will I do to it" daydreaming at work, and I was looking at M7 Tuning's site because I saw a sweet splitter they make, and then I saw this:

http://www.m7tuning.com/cosworth.html
M7 doesn't have the best reputation with the MINI crowd, their like a high end looking Focus Central. Lots of products that they won't back up and have strange policies on who they help and who they don't.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Ok, got more:

Now, show me some foci that can do that!

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am pretty sure that's something a lot of cars could do. I think that's more related to driver skill...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah.... ever see that old school Saab commercial with the cars driving like that all over? It's awesome! I can't find a link as teh google is failing me though.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
LOl, could you imagine if you saw a person on public roads driving like that!? I think I would go crazy!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts