Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now we're offering the Cosworth Level 2 kits for a reduced price. Normally, the price is $1195, but right now you only pay $1075.50 plus shipping if needed.
This won't last long, so don't delay if you want to take advantage of this deal!

For more info or to order: FocusSport/Cosworth page

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mind if I drool?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Randy,

So this is on top of the cost of the Stage 1 kit: $2070.50 yee-ouch!?!

Seeing I already have a Marcy CAI and Borla cat-back exhaust, how much can I delete? How much would I save over an entire kit?

·
Registered
112 Posts
~50bhp for over $2075 is rather steep.

Any way you could bring the price down? Another manufacturer currently offers more power for less...

Competition is a beautiful thing.

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Marcy Motorsports makes more power for less...

Competition is a beautiful thing.
umm..... way to be an ass.

If you don't like it, stay out of it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry folks. See edited original message.

Just trying to urge free-market competition to (hopefully) bring prices down. I mean, really, over $2075 for ~50bhp?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
I mean, really, over $2075 for ~50bhp?
Sounds like a good deal to me. This engine only started with 145hp... 195hp with no supercharger or turbocharger, and stock internals is dandy.

No sense arguing though.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
I happen to think that the Cosworth pricing is great. They came in lower than I was expecting and so far I have ZERO complaints and nothing but positive comments on my Level 1 package.

I won't be getting in on this deal right now, but I certainly plan to add the Level 2 parts to my car at some point. Level 3 components are even a distant possibility.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
597 Posts
Randy,
I want pay w/ two different cards (one credit, one debt)

is the best way just to call you, or can we do it be email.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Randy,
I want pay w/ two different cards (one credit, one debt)

is the best way just to call you, or can we do it be email.
Geez, I hope you were kidding.

Internet Security Tip #1: NEVER and I really mean NEVER send any PERSONAL information of that nature in a normal unencrypted email. That's just begging for problems.

Internet Secutity Tip #2: See Internet Security Tip #1.

I have to deal with that kind of thing almost daily and believe me it ain't pretty.

Ron

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Yah the advice on that would be to just call Ivan @ the Shop on Monday. I'm sure they can take care of you via the phone.

·
Registered
597 Posts

Internet Security Tip #1: NEVER and I really mean NEVER send any PERSONAL information of that nature in a normal unencrypted email. That's just begging for problems.

Not only at our own business have we done many sales via email, I have purchased things like this in the past before.

As long as billing and shipping info are the same, there really is no big deal. You are insured through visa/mastercard regardless.

And giving the same info over the telephone to some stranger at a store is different how?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

Not only at our own business have we done many sales via email, I have purchased things like this in the past before.

As long as billing and shipping info are the same, there really is no big deal. You are insured through visa/mastercard regardless.

And giving the same info over the telephone to some stranger at a store is different how?
Maybe I'm a bit oversensitive living in the area (Phoenix, AZ) that has the worst identify theft problem in the whole country.
But we've had customers who have spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of their own time trying to clean up an identify theft problem because of them innocently doing just what you said. Yeah in the long run they didn't have to pay the stolen funds back but there was nobody there to reimburse them for all the time and money they had to put in personally to get it straightened out.

It's like the old saying about the gasoline truck driver who was always smoking a big cigar when he was loading and unloading his truck. His comment was "well, it's never exploded yet".

Anyway, all I can say is good luck and let's not get an argument going over this. If you feel comfortable doing it that way then go right ahead.

Ron

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
I mean, really, over $2075 for ~50bhp?
Sounds like a good deal to me. This engine only started with 145hp... 195hp with no supercharger or turbocharger, and stock internals is dandy.
A 'base' JRSC on a Zetec only got me about 31whp, back in the day. Kit was about $2500 or so. (the new BBK and tuning don't count, cause there was no such thing!)

Lets see... going from 130whp or so to about 180, with a 7k+redline? And with usable power all the way to redline?

Worth every penny spent. Especially after thrashing our car at Buttonwillow and not having it complain a bit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Does any of the Cosworth stuff work on the 2.0?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts