Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this could very well be old news, but i saw this today. apparently an 05 focus zx5 test mule with a new mondy style dash. i dont know about everyone here, but i absolutely hate the current dash. ford needs to learn something about ergonomics (ok i'll admit the steering wheel controls are wonderful).
from http://www.ffoc.co.uk

EDIT: now that i look closer, it seems similar to that new mazda 3 interior pic

·
Registered
556 Posts
What'd they do that for? So it goes from round & smooth to square in the middle WTF??? Looks out of place in the center

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
yay! another toyota Camry.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow, i cant believe you guys hate it so much. compared to the current dash, do you really think its worse?
i would personally love it if ford took a look at vw or bmw and copied their dash design a bit. even gm has done that already to a certain extent. usability-wise, fords dash designs have sucked for a long time.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
One of the things I love most about the Focus is the dash.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I say ditto to that....that's one of the main reasons i like this car, the circle/round theme it has to it!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Absolutely.. That is one of the things I love the most about the ZX3. The styling is complete inside and out, front to rear. I LOVE this dash. It fits me so well.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
The design of the current dash is the nicest one I've seen in a compact, it's one of the reason's i even got that car...
they could use better material tho...
as for the new design... it's not completed... but from that angle looks like crap

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Am I blind to the location of passenger side airbag?

And yes... I too love my dashboard!!!!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
as long as they keep the chunky steering wheel I'm happy. ONLY OEM steering wheel that's moderately comfortable. As long as there are HVAC controls and a stereo somewhere wtihin reach of me, I really don't care. But my savings account for a steering wheel!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
I love the look of the current dash. It is a fresh look to most current bland dashes, especially in the compact market. It is also one of many reasons that lead me to choose the Focus.

·
Registered
619 Posts
The seat inserts look like my grandmothers curtains.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts