Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, the hose running from the block to the airbox isn't fitting good. on the airbox side it keeps coming out and i have to keep pushing it back in.
second, today when i was backing out of my driveway to go to the g2g my car started doing weird things, like a ruff idle. the wheel was shaking real bad, the hood was shaking and the block was shaking. i decided to drive on but like at the stop lights you could hear like a rattling noise.

so i get to the g2g and get some help and so a couple guys and girl was just lookin around trying to find where the rattle came from. well tiffany was like there's a spark so i cut the engine and "apparently" the spark was coming from the hose going from the airbox to the block where it was touching a nut. they also checked the plugs too.

i just dont get how a rubber hose sparks on a metal screw.

any help will be appreciated and if you need pics to help so you can get a better idea of what i'm talking about let me know.

·
Banned
227 Posts
Man you must have one seriouse short in your system! Are you sure you're not having a leak? did you tighten the coupling between the T/B and tube really good? That thing can work itself lose pretty well and I had to go gorrilla on it to make it stay put.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Maybe your Heisenberg compensator was trying to come on and take you to the future. I'd have that looked into if I were you...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Fastwonder:
Man you must have one seriouse short in your system! Are you sure you're not having a leak? did you tighten the coupling between the T/B and tube really good? That thing can work itself lose pretty well and I had to go gorrilla on it to make it stay put.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nah, the tube to the TB is fine. I torqued that thing to the point where it wouldn't turn anymore. I had 2 other people torque it behind me too. I had my Dad look at it. He is thinking that loosing the clamps at the Hump Hose and sliding the unit back about a quarter of an inch and see if that will help the hose fit better. I think it will. We just can't slide it back that much more because of the snorkel still being there. I don't know of much that will give or how much you want it to give. I think a dab of super glue will be good to help the fitting stay in the airbox. I mean apparently you can tell it's because the hose is tight because it pulls at the block too.

Oh well. The Volant is def. kickass though. I think once I get a cat-back it could wake some from the dead.

Originally posted by Fastwonder:
Maybe your Heisenberg compensator was trying to come on and take you to the future. I'd have that looked into if I were you...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">But I hit 88mph and nothing happened!

[ 03-02-2003, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: 2o*FoCusZeTec*o2 ]

·
Registered
375 Posts
Originally posted by 2o*FoCusZeTec*o2:
[QB]first, the hose running from the block to the airbox isn't fitting good. on the airbox side it keeps coming out and i have to keep pushing it back in.
QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Plug the hole in the side of the volant, shorten the hose a little, and put on a $6.00 round filter on the hose from AutoZone for your crank breather instead of running to the box.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Flux capacitor? No they only put those on stainless steal, gull wing door GM hybrids. Fords have to use something else. I think it has to do with the fact that you can still open your doors even though they're locked...

·
Banned
830 Posts
Plug the hole in the side of the volant, shorten the hose a little, and put on a $6.00 round filter on the hose from AutoZone for your crank breather instead of running to the box.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

I was thinking this might be a soulution to my problem as well.

I have problems getting my host to stay put in the side of the box as well.

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Originally posted by 1BadEgg:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 2o*FoCusZeTec*o2:
[QB]first, the hose running from the block to the airbox isn't fitting good. on the airbox side it keeps coming out and i have to keep pushing it back in.
QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Plug the hole in the side of the volant, shorten the hose a little, and put on a $6.00 round filter on the hose from AutoZone for your crank breather instead of running to the box.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">1badegg....what does removing the vent hose and putting a filter on do....Anything inparticular..

·
Registered
151 Posts
The filter not only would look better, but it would still allow evacuation of the air/pressure from the drivetrain. All the tube does is recirculate the air back into the engine to allow positive crankcase ventilation. And no, you don't need a K&N filter for THAT. Waste of money.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Originally posted by David Anderson:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 1BadEgg:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 2o*FoCusZeTec*o2:
QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Plug the hole in the side of the volant, shorten the hose a little, and put on a $6.00 round filter on the hose from AutoZone for your crank breather instead of running to the box.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">1badegg....what does removing the vent hose and putting a filter on do....Anything inparticular..</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As Fly mentioned above, crank/engine will breath a little better, and you won't have any crap from an open air box possibly getting down in your engine. I will try to find you a pic.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by Fly_SPI:
Flux capacitor? No they only put those on stainless steal, gull wing door GM hybrids. Fords have to use something else. I think it has to do with the fact that you can still open your doors even though they're locked...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I thought you knew..... it's the Ford version of the suicide doors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts