Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own the 2005 Focus ZX3 with the Zetec 2.0. My shop in miami(SpeedShop) says they dont have an intake yet for my car. I looked at many places and so did that. So we ended up chopping up an AEM intake and custom fitting it for my car.

We also called alot of places for full cat-back exhausts. None make them yet. So what we are probably going to do is have to make a custom one also with a decent muffler. We are doing the measuring on thurs. We are thinking about doing 2.5' straight tubeing.

Anyway my question is are there parts out for it yet (intake and exhaust) also any other horsepower related parts available for it yet.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
You don't have a Zetec that is why you are having problems finding parts. You have a Duratec 2.0 that is what you should be looking for parts under. There are quite a few parts out for the Duratec engine and most everything eles for a ZX3 will fit on your car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how shure are you. because if this is true it would solve alot of problems. and where can i find an Intake for an 05 Duratec then.

btw whats the hp on the duratecs. i thought i had 130 but maybe im wrong now.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Well Ford droped the Zetec engine from the line up for 05 and all of the 05's accept the ST's come will the 2.0L Duratec engines. The ST's get the 2.3L Duratec engine. I think the HP is 135 at the crank. Go into the Duratec forum and they will answer all of your question on where to find aftermarket parts for that engine. Do a search there and it should bring up everything you ask for. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
One way to find out is to check the valve cover. Does it saw Zetec? If not, you have a duratec

·
Registered
406 Posts
Is the intake mani in the front or back of the engine bay? Problem solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts