Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the 250$ throttle body for the duratec. was it worth it? The one by Focus Central. Im trying to squeeze all the hp out of the car before I add NOS.

second question:
Cosworth Tubular 4-1 Exhaust Header for Duratec Focus
what are the hp gains with that? is it worth the money and should I purchase the flex pipes also? will they give hp gains? Warning I have an automatic but its in the process of a reflash (monday)

third question
Magnaflow makes an 2.25 catback for the duratec. whats the hp gains with that with a stock header. and with the cosworth. its got a 400$ price tag. is it worth it? does it look nice?

4th:
whats a decent shot of nos to put into the car before doing damage.

5th:
what else can i add to the car to get hp gains without turbo or supercharging.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I got that magnaflow exhaust for a zx3 or zx5 for sell.

howd you like the fc throttlebody I love mine

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
if you have the 2.3 then i would say cosworth stage 2, with a 2.5" exaust and your looking at 170ish, coudl do a few more things and be at 180 or close to.

if you have the 2.0 just wait for cosworth to have stuff for the 2.0 and do the same

Brent

·
Registered
207 Posts
1. the trottle body is good for throttle response on a stock car until you get into the intake stuff but until then there is no Immediate HP as what you're looking for...so loss of money there, but when and if you get cosworth stage 1 it helps a lot.
2. The cosworth header is the biggest primary you can get and is the best right now...if you get the header you should get the flex pipe as well, might as well spend the $59 to get a good 3" flex. Hp gains should be header/flex about 15-20 guesstimating.
3. ECU is a good step in the right direction.
4. I have the Magnaflow Catback and love it, not too loud like ricers out there and sounds good with my cosworth stage 1, I think it was worth the price. As far as gains go, with a stock manifold you should get about 5-10 with header and flex you should get 10-15 if equipped with intake manifold and TB and CAI.
5. As far as NOS, im not sure, more of a Naturally Aspirated guy not for the power adders, unless they start selling the 2.3L Powerworks system then im a SC guy. haha.
6. Other gains, cant think of anymore other then, Intake Manifold, CAI, Header, Flex and Exhaust, Pulleys, Royal Purple Synthetic Oil, NOS Octane Booster mixed with 93 to get a couple of extra points, maybe up the timing, set of Cams, get rid of the Catalytic Converter...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i get intake/exhaust/headers/throttle/pulleys/cams and a reflasher how much hp am I looking at?

I heard there are new pistons comeing out too.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'd say depends on which ones

·
Registered
207 Posts
With all that you shouldnt be anywhere less then 180 to 200 maybe. Its easier to just buy two things if you want 200 hp, Cosworth Stage 1 and 2.

·
EAT MORE CORN DAMNIT!!!!
3,070 Posts
so if i get intake/exhaust/headers/throttle/pulleys/cams and a reflasher how much hp am I looking at?

I heard there are new pistons comeing out too.
Beware the Pulleys....

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
why must I beware the pulleys. lol they said they work with ac on and off.
Installing them incorrectly will destroy the engine is all.

The crank pulley in not keyed in any way, and if anything moves during the install you can totaly screw up the cam posistion relative to the crank.

Upon starting the car afterwards your pistons and valves may get real intimate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts