Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoa those things got cool! She got the SE, not the full Off-Road one (which has Bilsteins, hill decent control, etc) and whoa they really improved them.

It's got more luxury doodads than the last one, which isn't a bad thing. But man it's a lot nicer than the old one now that it's got that 4.0L 265hp V6.

I'm kinda jealous. It's one of the few SUV's that still's keepin it reeeeal yo

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Yeah, it's a nice looking SUV, and just about the right size, not too big, not too small and finally enough horsepower. I haven't driven one yet, so I'll hold off on saying whether I really like it or not until then.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
^I agree but I don't like th eTitan or Pathfinder Armada.

I love the Xterra.

I think that Nissan has also mastered the sweet sounding exhaust tone. The 350Z, and others have a really raspy, kick you in the face exhaust tone. I love them.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It's the interior quality and materials used that has me disliking a lot of Nissans. The 350Z may be a nice driving car, but sitting in the car made me not even want to test drive one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's the interior quality and materials used that has me disliking a lot of Nissans. The 350Z may be a nice driving car, but sitting in the car made me not even want to test drive one.
Agreed. I love the look of most of Nissan's offerings. But one look inside them makes me wonder why they didn't complete the job.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I have two friends with 350Z's and the insides of the doors are just like vertical cliffs of plastic, kinda weird looking

·
███████
2,662 Posts
Nissan made things alot cheaper inside because of costs..... so nissans can still be the LOWEST priced Imports (of the big 3) you may sacrifice a little interior quality, but go up against our SVTF in a Spec-V and see who comes out on top ! or evan the titan, Motor Trend was running it in the qtr. mile and they loaded it with (i think) 5,000 lbs of crap in the back of the bed, and it was still taking out the dodge, chevrolet, and the ford...... Kinda impressive huh ? But I think I'm willing to sacrifice a little for power

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
but go up against our SVTF in a Spec-V and see who comes out on top !
I'm pretty sure with a good driver the SVT would come out on top. (but lets not hijack this topic and turn it into a "X is faster than [email protected]#$" topic.

Even if it is faster (in a straight line maybe) I'd have the last laugh when he saw the heated leather Recaros I was sitting in

But I agree, Nissan has been making leaps and bounds in the past few years. Not bad for a company that almost colsed up shop a few years back

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, Carlos Ghosn whooped their butt into shape, that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Nissan can basically do no wrong in the past few years, every single model, all homeruns in my book.
What about that abortion they call a minivan, the Quest? Nissian has cheap ass interiors...even the G35 has a cheap looking dash on it...ooh lets paint it silver

·
Take a Bite of My Burrito!
3,139 Posts
Nissan can basically do no wrong in the past few years, every single model, all homeruns in my book.
What about that abortion they call a minivan, the Quest? Nissian has cheap ass interiors...even the G35 has a cheap looking dash on it...ooh lets paint it silver
What is so CHEAP looking about my interior?

better looking than your FOCUS!!!!!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
They have improved a lot since the last generation I agree.

The new Xterra commercials are good too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife and I are in the process of trying to buy a 05 X. They drive great and have everything we need for whitewater kayaking trips!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
What is so CHEAP looking about my interior?

better looking than your FOCUS!!!!!
Well it should for 35K over my 15K car

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Hmm, yea they aren't that bad.

A girl I know has one (I think an '02 or '03). It's cool because, like my XJ, it still feels like a *real* SUV (despite the damn IFS...) I haven't been in the *brand new* for '05 ones though...

Still, I'll take my lifted Jeep over a factory XTerra any day (I guess I'm biased)...

>

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She traded in a Cherokee Sport for it

·
Registered
20 Posts
We backed off the X and went with a Jeep Liberty. We are very happy that we made the change and are ready for our first off road/kayak exhibition!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts