Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
So I am having some trouble figuring out whats going on with my 03 2.0 zetec, I drove the car to the store went in for about 30 minutes came out and the engine would crank but not start. It was running a little rough and had a code for the upstream 02 sensor, the sensor has since been replaced but still the engine will crank but will not start. I am getting spark at the wires, the engine was just rebuilt and has compression. After trying to start it a few times, we noticed that cylinder 2 was flooded, cylinder 3 had some fuel in it, cylinders 1 and 4 were dry however the plugs from 1 and 4 did have a faint scent of fuel on them. The car has a new crankshaft position sensor, fuel filter, new spark plugs&wires and new fuel injectors. checked all the fuses in the engine bay box, still cant find what might be stopping it from starting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
An easy check for that is to pull the vacuum line going to the manifold and smell it. If there is any scent of gas the diaphragm is shot. I just sniffed mine today because my cars been having a little sputter at start up after setting awhile. I've had one fail before, the car will start acting like it's getting flooded on start up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts