Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
You can get them from BAT. I'm pretty sure I've seen them elsewhere. Also, KSGerry has a number of zero-mileage nearly-complete motors for sale for like a third of the cost of one out of a crate. Have you seen his posts here? I forget the names of the threads; I think the last big one was in Team Pit Stop.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ford Racing sells crate Zetecs, part number M-6007-ZX3 - $2595.00 suggested retail. Any Ford Racing dealer can handle that order for you. myFordPerformance.com is a Ford Racing dealer...

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
We can build custom long or short block give us a call and we can spec one up.

[ 11-11-2002, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Yel900rr ]

·
Registered
245 Posts
I believe welding rod is talking about a Crate engine like that of what spoon offers. A prebuilt engine with internals and everything done too it that you would ever want for N/A. Like Spoon offers a B18 engine with 240hp thats about 60hp up from the standard GSR engine in Japan and thats all N/A.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know that Esslinger Engineering sells engines. I think that you have to ship them a block, head, and crank. I'm not too sure. They build the blocks by the HP you want and what they are going to be used for. My family has delt with them in the past, they can be kinda spendy, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi Welding Rod,
I've got vintage 2001 Zetec engines that were removed from unsold Focus cars. They are nearly complete missing the alternator and starter. Many have the flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch disc or flex plate included.

Retail price per engine is $800.dollars plus trucking from Detroit unless you wanted to pick them up yourself. Price per engine to Focal Jet members is $750.dollars with an additional $50.dollars coming from Kansas Racing Products and going to the Focal Jet website.

Shipping weight per engine (with crate) is 315 pounds. I send them listed as "scrap engines" to save trucking costs.

2.3 liter all-aluminum Duratec HE "Ranger" engines also available...$600.dollars plus trucking.

Thank you and regards,

Gerry Dedonis
"KSGerry"
Special Projects Coordinator
[email protected]
Kansas Racing Products Inc.
www.kansasracingproducts.com
785-922-6644...Voice
785-922-6684...Fax

PS...Check out my company's website if you would like a 300+ hp four cylinder option for your Focus. Half the weight of a V-8!!

G

·
0 Posts
KSGerry, what is the price of your 300 hp 4 banger? From the looks of the prices on your site it doesn't look cheap. Please pm me the info.

·
Registered
144 Posts
welding rod,
i will be selling my 8700 mile zetec engine soon. poss two weeks. this would be a great platform to start a build. i will sell it for 500.00 plus shipping...

·
Registered
450 Posts
ami2fst4u,
I sent you an email with some additional information. Yes, some of the KRP components do seem expensive but not for a hard-core racing engine. It can be assembled with many common V-8 and four cylinder components for less money.

Of course, even higher horsepower and torque can be made if someone wants a turbo or supercharged version. How deep is your wallet?

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts