Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
somehow, im not surprised.

GUDE has had crappy customer service since day one.

i guess its true what they say, you cant teach an old dog new tricks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a HUGE favor to ask someone, can they email that guy and ask him, what kind of car his friend 'marc' drives?

i only ask because, on teamzx2, we have a guy named combatzx2/marc and he is a HUGE fanatic of GUDE. as well as "sponsored by them." well, we called gude, and asked them about him, and they say they dont offer sponsorships to anyone, and theyve heard OF him, but dont KNOW him. . . .

these are some posts that we have form our boards. .

these are the following quotes i have found resembling this by a certain someone.

yes thats shipped for the shifter--

and im not joking those are my sponserors

Hot Compact imports are taking pics of my car this saturday-- soo what out for a black zx2 in a mag

cause its mine

The new ralley seats---and it may include shipping depending on where you live

marc

VERY FUNNy-- worry about ur own cars-- and keep ur opinions to urself--

i didnt have to tell you about the eram on my car-- but i did--

I COULD CARE LESS if u purchased it..

im just telling you IT WORKS

marc

haha-- u guyz are too much!

some of you just love to **** w/other people-- from what phordracing is telling me-- eram is working damn good on my car-- they will dyno soon

so before u open ur mouths lets wait for the results-- casue i dont want some of u too eat ur own ****

Marc

Sorry fellaz-- time to move up!

The 350z is one bad ass car-- i test drove it-- let me tell you-- it bonez the **** out!

Im getting one w/in the next couple months-- i will but intak/exhuast on it-- maybe a pully-- and thats it--

I WANT WARRENTY

marc

Omg guyz-- that car issss sooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn fast

sorry im excited-- i just test drove one-- and let me tell you--- FASSSST

Fastest thing i have ever been in-- it pulled w/2 people in it like nothing--- in 4 bangers w/1 person u can feel a huge difference

and this thing--mygod-- i had my fat indian friend in it 350 and they dam thing pulled like a bitch

**** 350z-- im getting it----- this weekend---

I still have to find a good insurance company-- cause its like 610 a month to insure me on that car!!

God its fast

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Hey guys-- I don't know wbout those guys-- but I got the Gude turbo-- and it is the best thing ever in the history of the universe-- I make over 300whp now-- I should be getting it pretty soon-- I would buy from gude anyday--

thanx

mike... I mean Marc...

(runs away)

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I don't see a problem.
In the post he stated very clear that he has an intake cam gear so he can adjust the timing.

"Posted - 03/11/2003 : 5:12:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your intitaled to ur opinion-- dont buy anything from gude euro--

i could care less-- but ur 100% wrong-- w/the super afc

off course it helped-- it brought my a/f ratio back to where it should be instead of runing super rich--

Plus-- i have an intake cam gear to adjust the timing--also from gude

thanx
mike "

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
HAHAHA!!-- that guy got owned! lamo posting under different names!

Mike

[ 04-12-2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Gigaherz ]

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
thats ok...he and his little split personality too, cause sometimes he forgets his own name...there were many posts, that wasn't the only one and this happens every few months.

·
Registered
164 Posts
that pic he posted was from HCI I believe, the pic is EXACT in everyway.
What a jackarse

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
It continues to boggle my mind that people buy ANYTHING from Gude when they could buy a superior product from one of many companies run by good people who provide free technical info to the community and great after purchase support.

·
Registered
474 Posts
F Gude!!!

Here's my story:

1999 Mazda Miata - I wanted cams and a throttle body. Talked to Bill Gude (aka Roy Gude) about sponsorship (my car was green), I told him Id put a gude frog on my car, logos the whole 9 in exchange for a killer price. I must mention I had a gude head pkg. on my 98 Eclipse GS (n/a) and lemme tell you...AWESOME...so I fgured Id hit em up again...BIG MISTAKE Roy/Bill agreed, said "I will sell you the TB for $150 and the cmas for $300...thats retail, but I wont charge you a core carge." I said "Ok, thats great..here's my card number."

Week goes by and my stuff arrives. That weekend, I tear my engine apart, to do the cams...wait a second...on the cam it says NA B6...thats weird (for non miata/ mazda people, NA is the miata body style, NA = 90-97 while NB is 99+..I have NB...the B6 is engine. B6 is the 1.6 DOHC found in 90-93 Miatas, BP is a 1.8, then there are little differences between the 94-97 BP and the 99+ BP, one being..hydraulic lifter for 90-97 and solid in 99+.) I check around..sure enough..wrong cams, wrong engine. Then I check the Throttle body...looks NOTHING like mine. I dont have a throttle rotor plunger and a totally different TPS sensor. I go to a friends house...he has a 91 with the 1.6. What do ya know...looks just like my Gude TB. So, I make a call to Gude..."Hey Bill, this is Russ, with the Miata..dude, you sent me the wrong stuff, you sent me parts for a Gen 1 miata with a 1.6, I have a Gen 2 with a 1.8 and solid lifter cams."

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MO FO SAID TO ME!?!?

"We dont guarantee fitment"

W H A T !?!?

"You sent me the wrong stuff...can I send this back and get the right stuff at least? Its been sitting here, unistalled, I just opened the box?"

"Lemme check if I have the stuff for your car...I'll call you back in a few hours..."

"Ok" I said "Sounds good..."

So, I go online to check my AmEx card, see what purchases Ive made, etc....then it hit me...I was FURIOUS..."Purchase: GUDE Performance, $1100"

WHAT THE FUNK!?!?!?!!!

I was on the phone....FAST.

I said, dude, you take your sheist back, and you refund my card. "Cant do that..we dont guarantee fitment..maybe try selling it on ebay or something"

I was really mad at this point. I hung up on him and called AmEx..yada yada, we did a charge back, I got $1100 taken off my card, and they instructed me to send the parts back. I did.

Never spoke to gude again....til a year later...

American Express calls me..."We are going to sue you unless you pay $1100 that you have a balance on." I was like "HUH!?" Apparently that dumb 'parts dont fit redneck' denied the charge back or omething, kept and probably resold my parts, and I go stuck for $1100.

So, dealing with/ trusting GUDE cost me $1100 and a dinger on my credit report.

PHUCK GUDE!!!

BBB couldnt do anything, but I filed a complaint...didnt go any further..parents said "Its not worth fighting, and unfortunately you have no proof of what happened, AMEX wont talk to you about it becuase you owe them the $...." They ended up paying 1/2 and I paid /2 (nice generous parents).

NO ONE DO BUSINESS WITH GUDE!!!

Just my TRUE story...

Russ

·
Registered
744 Posts
Damn Russ.... after reading that... I'd beat the **** outta Gude for that. *Mental Note: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM GUDE!!!! * Thanks for everyone's input... this prevented me from making a HUGE ARES mistake. Thanks guys

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
damn, that is messed up. I'd have told AMEX to eat my ass. I thought they had a fraud protection thing. that is bull. hey, if Gude ever makes it to this board: "I will never buy anything from you nor will I let my friends buy anything from you untill they read all the complaints, including this one."

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad things about Gude from practically every Focus owner who's had their stuff. It's one thing to have crappy products, but it's a whole other problem when the people selling the stuff don't give a ****, either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts