Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really curious which one to choose. What I know is crower improves more high end power and crane improves more low and mid end power. Any experience with these cams or other brand, please share.

·
Registered
473 Posts
my choice is/was crower stage II. there are many many posts about this topic, but if you're like me you would rather just post a new topic(much easier, but sometimes not). i have an auto and loved the increase in power, and obviously much more fun with a manny tranny! good luck with the search

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I as well have the crower stage II they are a nice choice, they really pick up around 5k or so. Any questions feel free to ask.

Drew

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I have crane II's and i know no other but I think they are just fine. Torque is a damn good feeling. There will be plenty of stuff to add high end power later.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
red02zx3, yeah let me know how you think about the FR stage 2.

I did a search and what I found is that most people here like to use crower stage 2. From what I read crower will kick in at about 5k and the rev limiter itself is about 6k. Wouldn't it be better if we have a cam that can kick in at about 3-4k?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well I got the FR stage 2 cams in this weekend and so far Im being nice to them.I broke them in at 2500RPMs for 25 minutes and I have 55 miles on them so far.From what Ive noticed , there wasnt much power to be gained from these BAS***Ds!!! I havent tuned the cam gears yet though , so its hard to say.And this is also judging from the butt dyno , with me not having ROMPED(above 4000 RPMs) it yet......hard to tell.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
shevvv, contact 'modifyYourFocus', he has most of the bolt ons and FR stg 2s....currently has 142whp and more importantly 148tq. nice a broad curve as well.

many have bought crowers b/c of the topend. but FR/cranes and Cats have been noted 4 their good power and especially tq over a broad range, which makes them somethin 2 look at. many have started mixin crower intake and exhaust cams in an effort 2 get that mix of gains all across the board that the FR/Crane and Cats have done. look at many of the crower 2 dynos, big drop in low 2 mid range. that could b tuned out, but at the expense of topend then. u will have 2 tune the FR/Cranes of course and there u will get the gains u paid 4.

just gotta look beyond peak hp, people get 2 fixiated on that...

his dyno sheet from the last mcnews dyno g2g is on here. jan 2003, his member # is 4812 i think.

look it up, good luck,

-Ult

[ 03-24-2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts