Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im building a head for more power and i was wondering what would be the better stage 2 cam to go with, ill also be putting on adjustable gears with it, P&P the head, and milling it down about .070.... if anyone has any input please lemme know

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
CFL has had both break because of manufacturing defects
Here's a Crower

Here's a Crane

Cranes use a Ford blank with their lobes. Those don't have a bolt on the shaft to hold with a wrench also. Crowers have relibility issues in Hondas. Just more info to add in making YOUR decision.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the link wasn't working, maybe ill try later... what do u think would be a good mill size cause im doing all the work then doing the swap

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Resonable would be .03-.04ish

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I'd say you'd be close to 11. A good person to ask is Tom. He always has an answer to compression question even though he's an FI guy.

·
Registered
389 Posts
.040" will give you about 1 point. From stock 9.6:1 to about 10.5:1. Thant's what I run with my stage 2s. By the way, going to stage 2 cams and miling .040" will make this an interference engine.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
.040" will give you about 1 point. From stock 9.6:1 to about 10.5:1. Thant's what I run with my stage 2s. By the way, going to stage 2 cams and miling .040" will make this an interference engine.
Even if you were to go with high comp. pistons instead of milling?

·
Registered
647 Posts
i have the stg 2 crane in mine with the head milled with a 10.5:1 and it runs great and nice power

1 - 11 of 11 Posts