Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running this option? I hear that the exhaust cams only make much of a difference after getting headwork done, and well... not just yet.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
723 Posts
didn't crower revise their stage 2 cams recently? i think the "new" stage 2 is something like a stage 2 intake and stage 3 exhaust or vice versa. heh, i could be wrong. either way i'm interested in cams too. i want more power and the only options i can afford right now are cams or a race header (and i'm not sure i can handle the noise)

·
Registered
723 Posts
ford 2s...you can do 145-150whp, nice and balanced power, and match those #s in tq

-Ult
now that is what i'm looking for. i assume that those numbers require a race header though.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i have a shorty and a random tech cat on my car right now. so theoretically i could have around 145+whp and equal torque with the FR stage 2s without having to get a race header?

*runs off to break open piggy bank*

·
Registered
723 Posts
as w/anythin your mileage may vary...if you have the rest of the essential mods...then you have a good shot at it

-Ult
effing sweet!

now i just need to scrounge up the cash and beg the wife. i can just image the conversation now....

me- honey, i want to buy a set of cams for my car.
wife- how much?
me- $350 for the set
wife- you just bought a set of race tires 2 weeks ago
me- yeah but....
wife- and you just bought a set of those...what were they?
me- koni yellows
wife- thats right and you just bought those a few days ago.
me- but i really want...
wife- i think you should wait a little while before you get anything else, m'kay?
me- *sigh* yes dear

BTW BUR ZX3- sorry for hijacking your thread

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
[/QUOTE]

effing sweet!

now i just need to scrounge up the cash and beg the wife. i can just image the conversation now....

me- honey, i want to buy a set of cams for my car.
wife- how much?
me- $350 for the set
wife- you just bought a set of race tires 2 weeks ago
me- yeah but....
wife- and you just bought a set of those...what were they?
me- koni yellows
wife- thats right and you just bought those a few days ago.
me- but i really want...
wife- i think you should wait a little while before you get anything else, m'kay?
me- *sigh* yes dear

[/QUOTE]

Wow that sounds just like me and my wife

So Bur ZX3, you want to run a stock exhaust cam, but a stage 2 intake?
http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=694056&page=5&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1 <- this deals with just the Esslinger intake cam and stock exhaust. Are the Crower's and such designed to work as a pair? Where can you buy just one (only seen them sold together)?

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called Crower directly and they will sell the intake alone (cuz its the same for a ZX2 and its got VCT on the exhaust) for $201.... but they didn't know specifics about gains.

Just wonderin if anyone had done it.

Mebbe I'll go it on my own!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I called Crower directly and they will sell the intake alone (cuz its the same for a ZX2 and its got VCT on the exhaust) for $201.... but they didn't know specifics about gains.

Just wonderin if anyone had done it.

Mebbe I'll go it on my own!
did you need lash caps with this cam???

·
Registered
144 Posts
don't need lash caps for crower stage 2's
Todd,
What do you plan on doing, The intake cam is a nice addition but only to someone who has a race header and cam gears to take advantage of the hole thing

I think you should just get cam gears (if you haven't all ready)& play with that till the 4-2-1 header comes out then get the

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As a gift for my birthday, I got a whole bunch of gift money toward FocusSport things...

So I may just chunk down for the 4-1 header cuz randy seems to be taking his sweet time or the 4-2-1 if its gonna be soon... but yah... gears and dyno tuning are in order shortly!

Since Im gettin the gears... I'm thinking I'll just do gears and the cam together... and wait till the header comes before tuning it!

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
As a gift for my birthday, I got a whole bunch of gift money toward FocusSport things...

So I may just chunk down for the 4-1 header cuz randy seems to be taking his sweet time or the 4-2-1 if its gonna be soon... but yah... gears and dyno tuning are in order shortly!

Since Im gettin the gears... I'm thinking I'll just do gears and the cam together... and wait till the header comes before tuning it!
And we can pick up some Corona and go down and bribe Oscar to tune our cars for us!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bizzump.... just bought Crower Stage 2s and got in on the UnnaturallyAsp cam gear group buy.

muahahahahahahahah!!!!

So lets see.. RaceHeader, Flex and Cat-Back, CoolFlo, chip, 2K mani, UDP, Crower2s... I'm thinking 145+ after tuning!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts