Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
the crower 2 is a high end cam really starts to kick after like 6 thoudans rpm

the crane 2 ( wich i have) is a mid range cam and i must say THE TOURQE IS AMAZING!!!!!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
well since you have an auto, and it shifts for you so you wont really enjoy the high end power get the crane 2 because you will really really feel a big diff and it is in you rpm range

·
Registered
479 Posts
artin-
you just installed those cams within the past few weeks right? what other mods do you have going on under that hood, and what else is recommended when upgrading the cams? also did you do it, or did you take it to the shop?

·
Registered
591 Posts
yea it has been like 2 weeks now

i have

aem CAI
FC tb --(in the mail)
Crane 2 cams
Ford racing cam gears
jba shorty headers
random tech high flow cat
fs flex pipe (in the mail)
hks hyper exhaust
af/x crank pully
autolite double platnum plugs
ford racing wires

my friends and i did the install we came across some trouble with the cam bolts i REALLY REALLY recomned you start the install with the engin hot like after a short drive.......pop the valve cover off and take the wrench to the bolts ( you have a MUCH less chance of striping the bolts like we did )

to really get alll the HP from your cams it is really important you have a compleat exhaust from your headers all the way to your exhaust tip

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
artin your mod list looks a lot like mine....not the parts specifically but what you've done. the only thing you have i dont is a TB, Cams and cam gears....any idea what numbers you're putting down?

·
Registered
591 Posts
hopefully hopefully hopefully

145-150 WHP

PLEASE GOD

I KNOW THE TQ NUMBERS ARE GONNA BE AMAZING

you realllly should get cams and the cam gears its like a night and day diffrence

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got a question under this same topic.... If I get either one of the cams, is it necessary or even reasonable to replace pistons nad things like that??? I heard that the cams have to be installed with new pistons?? Is it true??

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
cams are head work and pistons are bottom end work. To replace the pistons you have to drop the oil pan. to replace cams you pull the valve cover. You could do them at the same time...but that's a **** load of work.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by ViLFernando:
I got a question under this same topic.... If I get either one of the cams, is it necessary or even reasonable to replace pistons nad things like that??? I heard that the cams have to be installed with new pistons?? Is it true??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no you DONT need to change the pistons

lol ignor who ever told that to you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts