Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crower Stage 2\'s and Idle problems

Has anyone had idling problems after installation of the Stage 2 Crowers? I noticed my car is idling just below 750...with my Z-engineering motor mount I am getting quite a nice vibration. Not only that but the car wants to stall under the load of the power steering and headlights. Everything is bone stock with the exception of the cams, cam gears, exhaust, and an air filter.

Any clues on what the heck is going on?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Re: Crower Stage 2\'s and Idle problems

yep, it's the timing. it is "retarded" to much, meaning the gears are timed too negative. advance them a little bit at a time, and it should be fine. i had this problem, but i changed it a degree at a time to make sure that i got the best performance possible. good luck

·
Registered
745 Posts

i have my crower II's in and for the most part my idle is fine...but some times it hops around a little than settles back to normal...

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts

Alan, yours are set to 0,0 aren't they?
Also, I wonder if it could be your restrictive stock exhaust manifold/cat?
They recomend a free flowing exhast
for the stage 2's or higher I believe.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by KonaZXIII:
Alan, yours are set to 0,0 aren't they?
Also, I wonder if it could be your restrictive stock exhaust manifold/cat?
They recomend a free flowing exhast
for the stage 2's or higher I believe.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah they are at 0,0...and will stay there until I can get another race header, chip, and something besides this APC Intimidator air filter. Figure it will be best to dyno the car after I get all my parts together.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Gotta be the timing, do that and a chip to raise the idle a little and you will be in good shape. My crower II's are as smooth as Heidi Klum's bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts