Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it's been said before but wow,me and chris(ctzx3) finally installed my stage 2 cams after about 2 months of sitting in my garage and wow, they just pull so hard in the topend it is unbelievable, anyway thansks again to ctzx3 for the help

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
So these just bolt on with out having to grind anything down? Also do you need cam gears to go with them?

·
Registered
473 Posts
i had to grind down the block a little on the exhaust side of the cam install. very very nice gain. i am selling my car though. i need to find someone local to put my old cams and stock cam gears back on so i can part it out. texas dallas anyone?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
ur crazy jon, are these even more aggresive then the crowers????

Is this new from esslinger, let us know what kind they are, and how they compare in size to the crowers stage2

I didnt know essligner was still making new stuff for the focus...

Thats great that youre making more and more power with cams at the stock boost...damn, but how does it idle now?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
ur crazy jon, are these even more aggresive then the crowers????

Is this new from esslinger, let us know what kind they are, and how they compare in size to the crowers stage2

I didnt know essligner was still making new stuff for the focus...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ditto

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by FastraxTurbo:
New Esslinger cams
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What are the specs on those Jon? When I build the motor im looking for some cams that will move peak power to around 5750 like those do.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Formula:

Intake + Cams + Cam Gears + Pulleys + Race Header + Flexpipe + Exhause = Fun.

I ran Intake, Cams, Gears, Pulleys + Exhaust for a while. Yeah it was kinda fast. As soon as I put this Race Header and Flex Pipe....hoo boy.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
dont u love how onctane boost magically works wonders on a turbo car jon?

Awesome damn, 260whp at only 12 psi, with super conservative timing and fuel...great job man...

And still a stock head and intake manifold, i am thinking with a well done, huge zetec head and FR200 intake manifold, and a stronger bottom end with more agressive tuning, you can get 300whp from about 12-13psi...aint that some ****, instead of cranking the hell out of the boost, make the boost you have more efficient, faster spool and more usable power...gotta love it...

Did i tell u my turbo fund is back in effect jon? I havent lost hope yet

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Jon,

I hope to catch you one day soon on the phone. We keep playing phone tag. My project is still a go and look forward to seeing what kinda damage we can do.

G

·
0 Posts
I foud out the intake cam is the normal cam that they sell. The exhaust cam is new. I will be testing another exhaust cam soon. Look at this graph, it is the intake cam only. Mid range is alot stronger, but I like it with the exhaust cam to slow response. With a slightly milder exhaust cam I might be able to find something inbetween.

Add alittle octane booster...

G

·
0 Posts
THe exhaust cam is part number 7358-1ex
I will be testing a slightly milder exhaust cam soon, that may not lose as much mid range.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts