Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the stage 3 cams for an N/A project motor and was curious if anyone has experience with them? I know a mild grind is required on the head for clearance, but it also says something about the ECU. Are they referring to a need for more fuel???? What are they getting at? Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
u'll prolly end up needin more fuel 2 feed that wild cam, but it references the ecu b/c u'll need a chip or anythin that raises the rev limiter b/c thats where those cams' power band is. u wouldnt get teh benefit of them if u were still limited 2 the 6750 the stock ecu gives u.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
raising the idle due to that much duration...with a lope causing the car to almost stall

·
Registered
518 Posts
Dont listen to em man I run these things on a mostly stock motor (4.06 gearing and cai) and it doesn lope squabble or otherwise. Still plunty of torque down but it pulls all the way to the tach. Its varily any more aggresive then stage 2... 228 and varily any more lift on intake exhaust cam is a little bigger too. I think the stage 3 3/4 race is a good choice for a cam. The stage 2 i think is a little weak not enough intake opening.. but will give a smidgen more torque. its a direct operation lowend for high end at this point. They start pulling harder then stock at 3500... and from there to the redline hold on its gunna be one fun ride

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
yea don't listen to them...why would a company that makes them and sell them know anything. duh

·
Registered
518 Posts
Excuse me kid. I run these in MY car. yes. Stage 3 3/4 race cams. 228 dur @ .393 and 236 @ .413 and I have them dialed in WITHOUT a cam tool WITHOUT a cam dial and WITHOUT a TDC needle. So they are within 5 +- degrees of being correct which means it would be possible to get even better power and idle outa these. With a idle BETTER then stock with NO additional valve train noise the only thing i noticed was INCREASED high rpm power and 2500 and lower rpm torque loss. Now if you had THESE cams in your car you WOULD know that what your saying isnt correct. Dont jump me about my knowledge of vehicles. I can and will give you that warm fuzzy feeling that a bottle of soco gives you right before you hit the floor

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
heh...i don't even have a comment for most u have said...and what u have said hasn't proved anything from knowledge of cars its shows u that u have luck...i'd also like to see a dyno to really see...did u even check clearance?...or u didn't do that either

edit: i just look at ur mods...and umm...why in the world r u running these cams in the first place?

[ 12-11-2002, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: KicknZX3 ]

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay guys...BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE! Take it to PM's!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts