Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stage 3 = race only

So, the idle will be rough!

I have the stage 2 and my idle is smooth and perfect!

·
Registered
612 Posts
well.. the car probably wouldn't be able to idle.. you would have to keep your revs high or it would stall out

·
Registered
69 Posts
I heard that the idle on stage 2 is bad so how bad is the idle on stage 3. I don't have to worry about emitions so I was thinking I would get the stage 3. But I don't want my car to idle so bad it dies at stop lights all the time.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
everyone is so funny about the stage 3 cams, which are only a tad bit more aggresive than stage 2

i am getting mine tomorow, going from stage 2 to stage 3

They arent as bad as everyone thinks

Nader is making 173whp at 6500rpm
and 150+ft/lb of torque FLAT

Not sure why everyone thinks you have to rev to 10000 rpm to make power with these

I wil be puting mine on tomorow

·
Registered
60 Posts
it will idle it will be little rough not bad though

·
Registered
803 Posts
The Crower IIs don't idle bad at all. I've got a slight lumpiness but mine still aren't tuned properly. Since the Stage III is just a slightly more aggressive intake cam I woulnd't imagine it would be much worse.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
trust me they dont, if u install them right, they wont even lope

Unless you go for all out power, and advance the intake 6* and retard exhuast 6*....then you will sound like a big block with a race cam in it so big, you have to hug the lobes to get a grip around them...right NADER???

·
Registered
826 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
trust me they dont, if u install them right, they wont even lope

Unless you go for all out power, and advance the intake 6* and retard exhuast 6*....then you will sound like a big block with a race cam in it so big, you have to hug the lobes to get a grip around them...right NADER???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is true. I have these cams and yes they will make power at 8500 rpm but not only make power at 8500 rpm. The idle can be as smooth or rough as you like. Depends on how you tune them.

I would highly recommend a new set of springs/retainers though. More piece of mind than anything else.

·
Registered
803 Posts
By saying slight lope I mean it's pretty slight (depending on where the cams are in relation to the crank).

Why does the Crower site say the Stage III requires grinding the head for clearance? Does it really?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Actually I remembered something:

IF the person who installs the cams does NOT follow the instructions and tries to make the lobe position of the stock one, you will install them UPSIDE DOWN.

So THEN you will get bad idle.

If they are installed properly, then you will have smooth idle.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
my stage 2, at STOCK idle, with +2/0 settings, DONT LOPE 1 bit, SMOOTH AS STOCK, no joke

U guys need to learn how to install cams first, youd be surprised how much a SMALL degree or 2 difference would make to an idle, ive installed DOZENS of cams in this car before, just did 2 last weekend, stage 2s, and will be doing 1 more this weekend on a guys car in santa cruz...and trust me, stage 2's are smooth as butter, and just a pair of awesome cams...

stage 3 will require mild grinding of the head for the lobes to clear and also springs and retainers, which i already have...fortunately for me and my soon to come boooooost

1 - 13 of 13 Posts