Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if i got a stage 3 crower intake cam and a stage 2 crower xhaust cam would i have to put in titanium valve springs and retainers for them to work right... for the time being i don't plain to rev past 7100 and thats when i get a chip. any info would be greatly apriated.
thanks,
David

[ 02-19-2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: boostenzx3 ]

·
Registered
158 Posts
i'm running the springs and retainers with that setup. I don't think it's a requirement, but it won't hurt.

And there's no point in reving your engine that high if you don't have an aftermarket intake manifold. The stock prevents you from making any kind of power after about 6500rpms. Look at any of the dyno charts on this board. That's when you'll see everything dropping off.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info and by the way as of last sunday i have a ford racing intake manifold on my car and running strong

[ 02-19-2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: boostenzx3 ]

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sooooo thats it can anybody else give me some advise on weather or not i have to have the titanium springs and retainers in order to run a stage 3 intake and stage 2 exhaust cam(crowers)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Better to be prepared than to float the valves..I have cams and I put them in just in case..And eventualy I`ll be revin as high as the power will take me.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i called FC on this asking if i can get that setup...Crower II intake and Crower II exhaust...they said that that was what stage III is...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Originally posted by iamgod:
i called FC on this asking if i can get that setup...Crower II intake and Crower II exhaust...they said that that was what stage III is...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">(you mean crower 3 intake)
yeah, my car was one that they were testing it out on. As they were very happy with the results, i'm sure they decided to revise their profile to this.

Originally posted by nader6972:
Crower is lookig at revising all of its profiles and this is one of the car we were testing them with. This car has a stg 3 intake and a stg 2 exhaust.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

1 - 7 of 7 Posts