·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crower\'s dont normally do this......

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Re: Crower\'s dont normally do this......

Holy [censored] Steven!!!!! What happened last night????

Between you and Doogie, I'm starting to get real nervous about ever moving my cams again.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

happened this morning like 30 min ago. Went to switch some buckets around to have a better fit and i was retorque the intake cam back down and i was on the first torque spec7ft.lbs, and pop it went.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

Jesus man, that's 2 under your belt.
Ult hasn't chimed in yet?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts

Arent crowers supposed to be durable, maybe you would have been better off with some nice bomz cams for 40bux
a stick. j/k

·
Registered
3,022 Posts

Better it snapped now than when the car was running. I'm thinking with only 7lbs of pressure to snap the cam, it could have happened sometime later down the road. Granted, during normal engine operation you won't have the torsional stress like you do with the cam installation tool...but I'm thinking with a mere 7lbs of torque breaking your cam, the same thing could have happend just driving around.

After seeing this, knowing Crower's snapping reputation with Honda, I'm thinking about ditching my cams. Lots of people are running these Focus cams with no problems, but damn.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

and pop it went.
I think the torque wrench in supposed to pop, not the cam

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

haha, sorry i was workin...anyways...did you tq the sprockets down on this cam in the same fashion as you did the other which you knocked the slot off? b/c that can creat a fraction that would cause it to split. however yes, good that it happened when sittin there. bye bye engine if it was runnin.

poor guy get a head he cant use, has to exchange, now this...yeash, wonder he even mods at all anymore, hope it worx out somehow so you dont have to go back to r/c cars. (tekin bc110L here lol)

-Ult

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

Alright people, I just drove to deliver my stock cams so Steven can atleast drive the damn thing for the time being.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts

Alright people, I just drove to deliver my stock cams so Steven can atleast drive the damn thing for the time being.
And now im gonna wait for Steven to call me so i can take em to old town. LOL Im the middle man. Im workin for free though.
LOL L8er Jon

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

hope it worx out somehow so you dont have to go back to r/c cars. (tekin bc110L here lol)
First time anybody has ever figured that out, im running the BC112C the mack dady of them, or it was back in its day. Best battery charger i ever had and still have.

·
Registered
659 Posts

poor guy get a head he cant use, has to exchange
Told yall just to fix the lash with the contour lifters.

Sorry it happened, Does crower replace those for free or do you have to buy a new one.

Cory

·
Registered
993 Posts

Arent crowers supposed to be durable, maybe you would have been better off with some nice bomz cams for 40bux
a stick. j/k

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

cannon, he had no choice, ford WANTS all those incorrectly seated heads back. its a recall of sorts, he had to. i'm not gonna keep somethin the company says they want back b/c there's somethin wrong w/it. even if i can fix it, too much bad could come of that.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

Will Crower or Crane take them back? Unfortunately I don't have a receipt but plan on buying higher stages anyway. Hope they understand and like more business. If not should I go wit Cat or Esslinger. Being all motor I'm ready to spend good money on cams.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

Aren't Crane's just rebadges Fords, Ult? I could have swore I saw a Ford logo on some Crane cams....

·
Registered
659 Posts

There wasn't a recall he could have fixed it without exchanged it. it was his choice and if he wanted tohe didn't have to send it back.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

ford racing cams!!!! there's your winner, try and get replacement crowers, then sell em.

-Ult
Tekin has crowers I have cranes, just to clarify things.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.